Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcksparow View Post
    I've had great success using Lineloc 3's (especially dutch's lighter version) with 1.7mm lines like Reflectit. I'm also not sure who said you can't use shock cord with linelocs, because virtually every UQ suspension I've seen would seem to contradict that premise.
    I have shock cord with linelocks on my knotty mods and stretchable footboxes and they hold well in that application.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Minos View Post
    Speaking of tensioning a tarp at the four tieout corners, what is the advantage of the Dutch titanium Fleaz / hookworms with a D-ring compared to a simple LineLoc?
    Fleaz & Hookworms sounds better to the ear. Plus they are way, way cooler.
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpoop View Post
    When I moved over to 1.1 from LineLoc3s, I had been using Lawson 2mm Glowwire at 1.1 grams/ft.
    I switched to Litesmith reflx 1.1 line which weighs only .28 grams/ft, so my weight savings were definitely worthwhile to me. The bulk savings were also a nice byproduct...
    Wow, that's impressively light, half the weight of Lash-It. I was on the Litesmith website twice in the last few days and I've never noticed that 1.1mm line. It's not cheap, of course, being 50% more expensive than Lash-It, at 25 cents per foot, but I bet it's cool. Still, with the hypothetical scenarios discussed above, i.e., applications using 24 to 100 feet of guy lines, the net savings of even that impressive stuff is 6 to 24 grams on the line itself, still under an ounce. Switching out to specific types of titanium bling could potentially help round you out to a full ounce of weight savings, albeit at additional expense. Regardless, I do respect your point of view on this, especially with respect to the Lawson Glow Wire you mentioned you used previously. To me, that still makes the reduction in bulk in your tarp suspension kit seems more compelling of a practical benefit than the weight savings, but it's good that you get both buying the more expensive guy lines.
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 06-28-2017 at 00:15.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    When I moved over to 1.1 from LineLoc3s, I had been using Lawson 2mm Glowwire at 1.1 grams/ft.
    I switched to Litesmith reflx 1.1 line which weighs only .28 grams/ft, so my weight savings were definitely worthwhile to me. The bulk savings were also a nice byproduct.

I still use mini linelocs on my adjustable clew underquilt with Litesmith 2mm reflective shock cord and really like them for that application.
    what is your baseweight (total carried weight before food and water)?..

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    what is the breaking point of LineLoc3? if using a cord with significantly stronger rating, this may be an advantage as I don't think the hookworms would be the point of failure.

don't know how significant, if any, this may be though...

I switched to Litesmith reflx 1.1 line which weighs only .28 grams/ft, so my weight savings were definitely worthwhile to me. The bulk savings were also a nice byproduct.

I still use mini linelocs on my adjustable clew underquilt with Litesmith 2mm reflective shock cord and really like them for that application.
    Are you using litesmith reflx 1.1 with Dutch bling (mosquitoes, fleaz, wasps, worms, ticks and tarantulas :-) )?
    I thought the bling was for 1.75 lines?

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuban Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I started with ti loop aliens on 3" CL of Zing it, which work great, but at $9 each, get spendy! I switched to hook worms on shock cord loops, but didn't like them quite as much. I'm currently using fleaz on Zing it for my cuben tarps. I like these best.

All three devices are simple to use, but I feel I can manipulate the loop aliens and fleaz easiest.

I have Dutch Stingerz on both ridge tie outs and don't use a ridge line. This has always worked really well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Depends on the day
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WBSF, WLTP
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    I just switched over to tarpwarms from lineloks. I did this for a few reasons, one was to used thinner cord. The bigger reason is that I've had the lineloks slide in high winds on multiple setups. They work fine if you add a backup half hitch. The tarpworms are also lighter, weighing only 1gram each.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by somniferous View Post
    I just switched over to tarpwarms from lineloks. I did this for a few reasons, one was to used thinner cord. The bigger reason is that I've had the lineloks slide in high winds on multiple setups. They work fine if you add a backup half hitch. The tarpworms are also lighter, weighing only 1gram each.
    How do you have your Tarpworms attached to your tarp?
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood

LineLocs vs Hookworms and Fleaz

Quote Originally Posted by Minos View Post
    Are you using litesmith reflx 1.1 with Dutch bling (mosquitoes, fleaz, wasps, worms, ticks and tarantulas :-) )?
    I thought the bling was for 1.75 lines?
    Tarpworms work just fine with the 1.1. Reflx. Shock cord loop through hole on tarpworm. Then loop is larksheaded to tarp d rings. 1.1 to stake and adjusted and cinched over end of worm just like you would with lashit or zing it.

I usually don't use any hardware. I just use a loop of shock cord larksheaded to my 1.1 line. I attach 1.1 to stake with a pile hitch and pull tight and stake it out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast