Looking for some advice on using stands as well as a possible bridge hammock purchase.

First of all I just want to say how helpful this forum has been. I've been lurking for some time while getting my feet wet into hammocking and have been able to answer nearly any question I had by browsing here. That being said I've hit a bit of a roadblock recently. Like almost every one of you I'm having the urge to take my hammocking indoors. My hammock is 118" and I'm on a stand that is 10' long and about 37" high. Long story short I am finding it nearly impossible to get enough sag for a comfortable lay without touching the ground. My initial thoughts are to get a taller stand or try monkeying around with a ridgeline. Is it really as simple as finding a taller stand or am I just missing something here? I see a ton of people with similar setups that seem to not have issues. Maybe I just like my hammock abnormally saggy?

Also I am wondering if anybody has experience hanging a bridge hammock on a commercially available stand. I am very interested in the warbonnet and the jacks r better but probably couldn't justify it if it wasn't also usable on a movable stand. From what I understand 15' and up is what you are looking for as far as hang distance. Would it be possible to make it work over a span of 12' - 14'?

Hammock
    WBBB, DH Hybird, TL
    Tarp
    Superfly, WD, TH
    Insulation
    HG Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    web / buckles
    Can't help with the bridge hammock questions.
    As for your stand, the height and length seem to be on the short side. My stand is about 60" high with a ridge pole about 13' long. It works fine for my 11' hammock, but if I had to do it again I would go 6" higher and add another foot to the length. I think this would allow for a better hang angle and improved comfort. I use mine inside and outside, and need the ground clearance for under quilts. If you are only hanging indoors, maybe you won't need quite as much height, but if you can achieve it, I don't see any downside.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    I'm not real familiar with bridge hammocks, but I do know TrailSlug has a WBRR that he successfully hangs on a Tato Gear hammock stand. It is to my understanding that the top rail length on those stands are 13.1 ft (4m).
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'm not real familiar with bridge hammocks, but I do know TrailSlug has a WBRR that he successfully hangs on a Tato Gear hammock stand. It is to my understanding that the top rail length on those stands are 13.1 ft (4m).
    Yes I do have a Tato Gear stand with a 13 ft top rail and I hang my Ridgerunner comfortably from this using nearly zero suspension.
    20160506_102043.jpg

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    that ridgerunner just screams naptime

love that pic

So after a bit of measuring and research I think my best bet is to make a simple 3 section pipe stand to fit the room. 10' is ideal, but 12' can be done if necessary. Lets say in the future I decide to get a Brazilian style for sleeping, is there any way a 10' hang distance is going to suffice for that? I'm around 5'7" so I can't imagine I would need one of the larger Brazilians.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Check out this thread for your question on stands.
    Blackheart

• + New Posts