WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Winter Dream, Hanger, Zepplin Sale!

Have had a Winter Dream on the wishlist for a while and now they are on sale! Ordered a dark olive 12 footer with panel pullouts and the mod for adding the two internal poles. (I'll have to get poles later, but the tarp will be ready for them.) I'll be hanging my Ridgerunner under it.

Thanks Paul and Missy!

Now, if we could just get a sale on the Ambush!!!!
    Last edited by drsolarmolar; 06-01-2017 at 01:19.

Is there a code or anything to get the sale price?

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    Have had a Winter Dream on the wishlist for a while and now they are on sale! Ordered a dark olive 12 footer with panel pullouts and the mod for adding the two internal poles. (I'll have to get poles later, but the tarp will be ready for them.)
    LOL I bought exactly the same tarp in Charcoal Grey for my bridge hammock -- and made the same decision on the poles -- during UGQ's last sale on these... You will love the tarp!

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    We allready have 2 Winter Dreams each, me and the wife but took advantage of the sale to get summer Hanger tarps, mine in dark olive and the wife's in the new Royal Purple!
    UGQ builds BEAUTIFUL tarps!!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSky! View Post
    Is there a code or anything to get the sale price?
    Just go to their website. No codes.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    LOL I bought exactly the same tarp in Charcoal Grey for my bridge hammock -- and made the same decision on the poles -- during UGQ's last sale on these... You will love the tarp!
    Your pictures confirm I made a good choice! I did opt for 4 panel pulls in addition to the pole mod pockets. I figure it gives me options to tie it out if I'm not using poles.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Your pictures confirm I made a good choice! I did opt for 4 panel pulls in addition to the pole mod pockets. I figure it gives me options to tie it out if I'm not using poles.
    No, your optional panel pull-outs add a lot of versatility. At the time of my purchase, IIRC one of the sale conditions was that seam sealing was unavailable on the discounted tarps, and since I hate seam sealing and didn't want to do it myself, I opted out of the pul-outs. I decided that the internal pole compatibility would be sufficient, even if it is heavier as a system, since I prefer the curved profile it affords to the angular one you get with external pull-outs. Since then, I had to seal a ridge line on a DIY tarp anyway, so I went ahead and added panel pull-outs like yours to the tarp I made. Some day I might retrofit my Winter Dream with the external mod if the internal poles seem too burdensome.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    No, your optional panel pull-outs add a lot of versatility. At the time of my purchase, IIRC one of the sale conditions was that seam sealing was unavailable on the discounted tarps, and since I hate seam sealing and didn't want to do it myself, I opted out of the pul-outs. I decided that the internal pole compatibility would be sufficient, even if it is heavier as a system, since I prefer the curved profile it affords to the angular one you get with external pull-outs. Since then, I had to seal a ridge line on a DIY tarp anyway, so I went ahead and added panel pull-outs like yours to the tarp I made. Some day I might retrofit my Winter Dream with the external mod if the internal poles seem too burdensome.
    This will be my first tarp with doors. Now I need to start researching and thinking about door management. One of the biggest selling points for me is the snap closure. I've got a few ideas also when it's time to keep the doors open. I want to try both external and internal methods when storing the doors in the open position.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    This will be my first tarp with doors. Now I need to start researching and thinking about door management. One of the biggest selling points for me is the snap closure. I've got a few ideas also when it's time to keep the doors open. I want to try both external and internal methods when storing the doors in the open position.
    I use the stake lines that are allready on the bottom of the doors and connaect them to each other across the outside of the tarp to keep the doors open , works great.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I usually wind up leaving my doors in one of three configurations:

1) Snapped fully closed

2) Staked/guyed out coplanar to the tarp panel

3) Folded back (usually to the inside of the tarp)

When I'm using a tarp with doors, I usually pack at least one shock cord dog bone, i.e., a length of 1/8" shock cord with a figure 8 or overhand loop tied on both ends.

If I told the doors back, I use the dog bones to lark's head the door corners on either end so that the doors deft tension on one another.

If I want a full-enclosure weather seal but still want to be able to enter and exit, I use the dog bone to connect the door corner to the tie-out/stake across the tarp at that end. This allows the door to be pushed aside as you go in or out and then automatically draws it closed again. Sometimes I use a dog bone on just one door and stake the other in place, but in bad weather I often bungee both doors on the end of the tarp I'm most likely to use.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast