A while back, an employee from Grand Trunk had a little giveaway on Facebook. He had a few hammocks hanging somewhere, and you had to guess where it was. Winner would get a free hammock. There was a giant tower in the background, so my quick Google skills determined he was hanging outside the Olympic park in Munich Germany.

The guy was really nice, and told me to pick any hammock on Grand Trunks site, and was really looking for feedback on their new Onemade hammocks. So he sent me a new Onemade Hammock, and some 14 ft daisy chain straps.

I made a short video here on my youtube channel. Full disclosure, I am not Shug, and I can't even juggle.

I'm usually not a fan of the mass produced stuff, but this hammock is pretty nice. The guy from Grand Trunk said they make the hammock in the USA, and source all the material from the USA, with the exception of the carabiners.

The hammock is 10'x6" long, I prefer an 11ft but I hardly noticed the 6" difference. The hammock, as with a lot of mass produced hammocks, is just too wide. The extra material is a bit useless. I do think I'll make a knotty mod, which would make a nice foot box in the extra fabric.

The material is a 1.1 oz fabric. I'm used to my 1.6, and I have a heavier weight hammock I use as well (weight isnt listed, but feels probably 2.0 weight). The 1.1 oz fabric has a nic ripstop grid, and is pretty stretchy, although not as much as I expected. For a light fabric, it had enough support for my 225 lbs frame. It's pretty soft, and is not that different in feel from the Hexon fabric I use nornally. Its much nicer than the typical "parachute" material hammocks I've been in.

The straps are typical daisy chain straps. Nothing all that revolutionary. The entire strap is filled with loops, so there are lots of points to hang from. They are lighter weight than the atlas straps I have as backup as well. The stitching is nice, and adds some color to the straps. They won't be replacing my cinch buckles, but they will be replacing my atlas straps as my 2nd suspension when a friend wants to hang with me.

I won't complain about the price, since I got them for free, but the MSRP I've seen listed about $99. Which is alot. I have seen them on Amazon much cheaper, around $70 depending on color.

I've used an ENO Doublenest, and can say with certainty the Grand Trunk Onemade is better. It's longer, lighter, and just as wide. If you want a super wide hammock, it's not a bad choice. It won't replace my Dutchware, but I have to say it's a step forward from a lot of the mass produced garbage out there.