Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images

Hammocking Travel Agency ?

That's a big word, but I was wondering if anyone is organizing paid hammocking tours ? Like you sign up and you are provided with all the gear on loan and they give you an itinerary, or actually guide you, in a National Park, for example.
    That would be a good way to discover hammocks if you have no experience at all and no gear.

Also, are there people renting hammocks ?
    Last edited by Rouskof; 05-03-2017 at 16:52.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    This could be good for someone to do--help people learn about hammocks. Whoever does this would be a great ambassador for hammocks--not as good as Shug--still great. This could be good for someone who already had enough money to live. I can imagine the wear and tear on your loaner gear--the liability insurance--and the interesting people you'd meet.
    I've not noticed that anyone has done this yet. There is a guy who has a wilderness survival school that focuses on bushcrafting and musket hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    I wonder if it would be hard or easy to find clients. On the one hand, this is a niche activity, but on the other hand things like sleeping in huts built up in trees are fashionable, so why not hammocks. It would be something a group of friends could be tempted to try out for a week-end, whereas they would never commit to buying all the necessary gear for that occasion.

Now where, how ?

A friend suggested to pair that with a bushcrafting workshop, and include it in a team building activity...

I admit I'd prefer the hiking program and reaching a natural spot to set camp. Unfortunately, wild camping is theoretically forbidden in France. It is not a problem when only a bunch of people, but a more important group might not get away unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouskof View Post
    I wonder if it would be hard or easy to find clients. On the one hand, this is a niche activity, but on the other hand things like sleeping in huts built up in trees are fashionable, so why not hammocks. It would be something a group of friends could be tempted to try out for a week-end, whereas they would never commit to buying all the necessary gear for that occasion.

Now where, how ?

A friend suggested to pair that with a bushcrafting workshop, and include it in a team building activity...

I admit I'd prefer the hiking program and reaching a natural spot to set camp. Unfortunately, wild camping is theoretically forbidden in France. It is not a problem when only a bunch of people, but a more important group might not get away unnoticed.
    I think REI does a hammock overnight class/trip where the provide most of the gear. I want to say it was around $350 and I think they included dinner and breakfast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    In Wisconsin, Nick "Of The Woods" runs weekend camping adventures through his business NOW OUTDOORS. He often will let anyone borrow one of his hammocks on weekend trips if they'd like to try one out.

That's the closest thing I know of to a hammock travel agency.

NOW OUTDOORS
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

• + New Posts