Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. In my mind, I was thinking of the features of the Thunderbird when talking about the Dangerbird. Also, thanks for sharing the price difference with the features.

No problem and you're welcome
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    No problem and you're welcome
    It can be hard to keep all these "birds" straight!

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Soul embrace is right. The Sparrow net and overcover is removable, while the Dangerbird does not allow this. They are both extremely good designs, and top notch hammocks! I can't imagine using any other hammock than a Dream Hammock!

Hammock
    DH Raven (5103)
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    34319475011_dca1e8888b_k.jpg
    They wouldn't let us hang from the trees at this site.

34408448316_1b0e4051f3_k.jpg

I just got the Raven. The net is not an issue at all, with our without the tie-outs.
    These pictures are from my first trip with it. I love it.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Sure the Raven can not have quilt hooks, but it does have an option to get the tie out hooks, IMO these make it possible to have your cake and eat it to in a sense. Due to the location of the tie out hooks you can instead of running the shot cord loop to hook to stake and back to loop to hook on the hammock you can tie an additional loop in the center untie one of the ends and add 2 quilt hooks on the shot cord and retie the loop on the end, so now you can have your quilt hooks that slide to adjust for your quilt in the general proximity you would have sewn them in, plus since most ppl will get the hammock as wide as fabric allows keeps you from having to sew them in the hammock body. This is how I rigged mine and have had no issues. with this set up you can still anchor your tie out if needed to. But just to keep things in perspective most quilts are directional, Well my HG are so it makes having a head end or a foot end kinda a moot point, if you keep your quilts attached or in a slug. The biggest advantages is to be able to sleep R lay or L lay and being able to change out cover/net or go with just the hammock. Keeping the net/cover up in ridgeline mode also neat.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T- Minus View Post
    Sure the Raven can not have quilt hooks, but it does have an option to get the tie out hooks, IMO these make it possible to have your cake and eat it to in a sense. Due to the location of the tie out hooks you can instead of running the shot cord loop to hook to stake and back to loop to hook on the hammock you can tie an additional loop in the center untie one of the ends and add 2 quilt hooks on the shot cord and retie the loop on the end, so now you can have your quilt hooks that slide to adjust for your quilt in the general proximity you would have sewn them in, plus since most ppl will get the hammock as wide as fabric allows keeps you from having to sew them in the hammock body. This is how I rigged mine and have had no issues. with this set up you can still anchor your tie out if needed to. But just to keep things in perspective most quilts are directional, Well my HG are so it makes having a head end or a foot end kinda a moot point, if you keep your quilts attached or in a slug. The biggest advantages is to be able to sleep R lay or L lay and being able to change out cover/net or go with just the hammock. Keeping the net/cover up in ridgeline mode also neat.
    This helps with the pictures you had posted in my Raven question thread... Thanks.

I don't anticipate swapping head for foot.. I've been using a BB so I am accustomed to a dedicated head/foot end. I do want to be able swap left to right lay, at least initially.

Are suggesting that you can rig the side pullouts on the Raven to give some lift to the UQ and at the same time, use those same side pullouts as pullouts?
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    This helps with the pictures you had posted in my Raven question thread... Thanks.

I don't anticipate swapping head for foot.. I've been using a BB so I am accustomed to a dedicated head/foot end. I do want to be able swap left to right lay, at least initially.

Are suggesting that you can rig the side pullouts on the Raven to give some lift to the UQ and at the same time, use those same side pullouts as pullouts?
    IMG_20170508_193843.jpg
    mod for zipper on the inside, (version 1 of Raven) this is glow reflective shot cord with shot cord hooks from Dutchwaregear.com rigged from zipper to zipper thru a slide able hook that is hooked onto the ridgeline.
    IMG_20170508_193751.jpg
    picture from inside hammock of the shadow of Phoenix econ 49* UQ hooked on to quilt hooks, attached to the pull outs on shot cord.
    IMG_20170508_193301.jpgIMG_20170508_193256.jpg
    pictures from outside and close up, Dutch quilt hooks painted candy apple red with 3 coats of clear high temp lacquer.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Helps a lot!! I like the hook idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12