Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Flatter lay with less sprawling room than my 11' DIY gathered. It is a fair bit shorter and my Clark stays in my room on a standard hamock stand though it is 1 notch shorter from its longest setting. Comparing them the 11' are longer than the stand. (The NX also makes awesome dust-free storage of my underquilt and top quilt since they just lay fluffed up inside). I just measured the setup for you. Using just 2 caribiner to attach the continuous loops (retrofit to whoopies with a wide caribiner on the foot end to prevent calf ridge) it is exactly 10'10" at the ends of the caribiner.
    0802170947.jpg
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    Curious, how would you describe the lay in the 270? I am a side sleeper, and while I do have a few gathered end hammocks that are comfortable, I'm still looking for a flatter lay.
    you could also try one of the 90 degree hammocks (luke's 90 degree, or the amok draumr).

there was also a fellow on youtube that uses a nemo pad in his clark that looks spectacularly comfortable (search most comfortable hammock sleep system i think)

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    Curious, how would you describe the lay in the 270? I am a side sleeper, and while I do have a few gathered end hammocks that are comfortable, I'm still looking for a flatter lay. How flat would you say the Clark lays compared to other gathered ends? I am considering trying a Ridge Runner next, but I really like the ease of putting up and covering a gathered end. I'm afraid the Ridge Runner would just require too much distance to put up. Sometimes at work, I am in extremely dense jungles and barely have the distance between trees to get an 11' hammock up. Seems like the clark is more compact. Anyways,I'd certainly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

I was able to side sleep comfortably in this model. I was easier to get comfortable in this than the older North American version. It's easier to do if you have something to put between your knees to take the pressure off your hips and can take on a little bit of a curl-up position. I often use a jacket or inflatable pillow between my knees for this purpose. In this test I woke up in the side position with very little stiffness. Thumbs up from me on side-sleeping.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    What if....you used an HG Incubator UQ for your main insulation and added the Clark Z liner over it? Is this doable?
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Atlastraps
    I have a question regarding the Clark Nx270 vs the Tx270. I'm currently living in Michigan but will be moving to Alabama within a year. Does the NX270 retain heat to the point that it would be miserable in the summer? I need the insulation up here in Michigan but I'm worried that the NX270 will be too hot down in Alabama. Do you think the TX270 with the Z-liner will give similar results as the regular NX270? Thanks for all of your advice

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    Excellent write up.

I went from the North American to the NX270. I missed the North American so much that I went back to it. I only use a Costco DIY UQ and take it down to 0 F. It all goes to show different folks sleep differently and you have to figure out what works for you!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12