Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Same here! The water thing gives me hesitation.
    Are you concerned about the lack of water or, too much water as it relates to creek crossings? My experience with the first of these concerns was that people, including my hiking parter, had cached water near various road crossing along the way. It was clear based on the amount of water we came across, that this was a relatively common practice. Sure it takes some work and planning but, it can be done. On our 20 mile trip, we probably crossed 40 creeks that were flowing quite well due to the recent rains but, I don't know how many of these are truly dry during the summer. Good luck!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gillam View Post
    Are you concerned about the lack of water or, too much water as it relates to creek crossings? My experience with the first of these concerns was that people, including my hiking parter, had cached water near various road crossing along the way. It was clear based on the amount of water we came across, that this was a relatively common practice. Sure it takes some work and planning but, it can be done. On our 20 mile trip, we probably crossed 40 creeks that were flowing quite well due to the recent rains but, I don't know how many of these are truly dry during the summer. Good luck!
    Yea the caching thing. I know it's probably necessary but not something I want to mess with. I'm not lazy, just stubborn I want to just park and hike so this didn't sound like a place for me.

Hammock
    HH backpacker
    Tarp
    still looking
    Insulation
    SS
    Suspension
    standard
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    Yep, I hear ya...

Fortunately, for whatever reason, though mine is constant and loud, I am not consciously aware of it most of the time. Falling asleep in the quiet outdoors, however, makes it really apparent. But...for whatever reason... it does not keep me awake.
    Tinnitus drives me mad. Glad to hear I'm not alone! I've grown better at dealing with it. I'll take my ear ring over snoring any day. Ear plugs just seem to amplifies the ringing for me.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG CF Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I too cannot sleep if it's dead quiet. That is one thing about winter camping that gets me - no bugs making noise. I have finally found a pair of ear buds I can sleep with and usually have them playing white noise while I fall asleep. In the summer it's not an issue because the bugs are usually very loud, but in the winter the dead quiet will drive me insane.
    SBO YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFB5MZ1uYOsGgg7kVZazp1g

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I love to hear the sounds of nature when camping. If it's quiet, I feel cheated!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I love to hear the sounds of nature when camping. If it's quiet, I feel cheated!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    It's nice to see I'm not the only one up at this hour. It's 3:04am here and I'm camping with Scouts tonight...and I'm still awake. It's a beautiful night and dead quiet in the woods, except for the snoring fool 60 yards away.

I've got my sound machine on but, cannot shut down. I also forgot my supply of sleep aid and don't bring my cpap in the woods. Oh well, I'll take a nap tomorrow.

Haha i feel the same. have you ever tried ASMR method? It makes me sleep like a baby

Hammock
    11" 1.1 ripstop
    Tarp
    1.1 DIY 10X10
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Out in my hammock now listening to a whippoorwill sing his song, and the camper ac going and the siren going off at Lake Oconee dam warning people down river they are generating and waters rising, some kind of bug just went by sounded like a B52. Can we have a little peace and quite around here, I'm trying to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Grand Truck Skeeter Beater
    Tarp
    Kelty 12ft
    This is one of the reasons why I enjoy getting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not certain where you live, our woods are pretty active at night. One night a screech owl had me almost fall out of my hammock when he called. He was too close. may have been his way to complain about all the noise I was making. :-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234