DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Now i have to save up and wait, - wait for UGQ to list these larger sized winter tarps so the wife can have the real privacy she has been looking for in a tarp.
    Save - save up enough to afford one as we just ordered a few new things and never even saw this new size coming, caught totally by surprise on this one!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Hey all you diy types! I am looking to make a camping tarp more for rain shelter over a picnic table for a group of people for either backpacking or car camping but don't want a heavy tarp. Would this material be a good material to do that with or is it too specialized? Any info you can give me is helpful and if someone knows of tarp designs for that kind of tarp please let me know. Would making a tarp like this be worth it or should I just bite the bullet and buy one. Thanks

Placed my order yesterday for ten yards of green tea along with other goodies. I was almost to pull the trigger friday on dutches wide silpoly in forest green, but nothing beats the green tea color imho. So glad I decided to check rsbtr to see what they had. I love that they started out with 10 different colors. I know it's a big commitment and im so glad they plunged in head first on this line. Can't wait to make a winter tarp out of this stuff. Thanks Kyle and your team.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Got some
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Is this going to be available in OutdoorINC "winter flectarn?"

I can see this as a full coverage winter tarp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
    Ah yes good catch. The Foliage green had a cosmetic flaw in the coating, so we held it back. That will be put in the outlet section as 2nds soon though. We're remaking that color and it should be ready in a couple weeks.

Yes on the sale. I just crashed last night and haven't updated the page. Long week!
    I might be interested in taking a full roll of that foliage green off yer hands.
    Send me an email.

Congrats on the improvements in the coating as well! That's an unexpected bonus. Ordered 20 yards already...
    Really looking forward to a design I've been sitting on for lack of the right XL fabric.
    Jellyfish isn't the only one who likes to design in Phi. This fabric should let me do something totally new.

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Wow! Three panels would make a Winter Dream tarp that you could stand under!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I'm intrigued by your comment-- do you mean 3 panels of XL fabric? Are there other winter tarps made with 3 panels? (Just trying to picture exactly what you mean by 3 panels...)

I love me some XL sized hammock gear. Like that' Tim's Tarp listed as a related project on the 1.1 Silpoly XL product page...

https://ripstopbytheroll.com/pages/c...ject-tims-tarp

Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    Hey all you diy types! I am looking to make a camping tarp more for rain shelter over a picnic table for a group of people for either backpacking or car camping but don't want a heavy tarp. Would this material be a good material to do that with or is it too specialized? Any info you can give me is helpful and if someone knows of tarp designs for that kind of tarp please let me know. Would making a tarp like this be worth it or should I just bite the bullet and buy one. Thanks
    I'd say that this would be a great material for that. You can get almost 12' width (12' - 2 seam allowances - ridge line seam allowance), and as long as you want, so that would cover most picnic tables. At 1.1osy it falls in the lightweight category for me, but not ultralight. I have a 1.1 silpoly tarp that I don't baby and it has held up fine.

I think making tarps are worth it since they're relatively simple - mostly hem in straight lines unless you do cat cuts. That's just an equation of how much you value your time.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    GT Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    DIY RBTR Winter 12
    Insulation
    DIY APEX/HyperD
    Suspension
    1in webbing straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
    Ah yes good catch. The Foliage green had a cosmetic flaw in the coating, so we held it back. That will be put in the outlet section as 2nds soon though. We're remaking that color and it should be ready in a couple weeks.
    Thanks for the reply. I also see the sale has been extended through Friday, 4/7. Thank you for that too!

Trying to decide which color. I'm currently mostly drawn to that foliage green. Any ideas of when it will be posted and possible cost in the Outlet?

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncaged View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I also see the sale has been extended through Friday, 4/7. Thank you for that too!

Trying to decide which color. I'm currently mostly drawn to that foliage green. Any ideas of when it will be posted and possible cost in the Outlet?
    We will work to get that up and on the site today. Thanks!
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast