Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Images
    Another option for a lot of battery power for the $ and pound is some of the batteries from HobbyKing.com. An example would be.
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multista...___store=en_us

These batteries have no built in protection. There are boards that will protect these batteries but I do not know of any that can be used without soldering on connectors and some of the boards are sensitive to noise. Another option is a alarm that sounds when the battery is getting to its lower limit. THAT MEANS USE THE BATTTERY AFTER THE ALARM SOUNDS WILL DESTROY THE BATTERY. An example of an plug in alarm is.
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...___store=en_us
    These batteries need to be charged with a charger designed to charge these batteries. Most are to be powered by 12v car battery like this one.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-...___store=en_us

I have purchased batteries and a charger from HobbyKing and they have worked well.

Edit
    OK that battery is out of stock try

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multista...___store=en_us
    Last edited by MagicPaddler; 03-05-2018 at 15:40.

Great topic. I too suffer using the CPAP. I’m going to talk to the doctor about the mouthpiece. I noticed you were talking about your anxiety. Not promoting but have you ever tried trying an edible before bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see so many innovative ideas here!

Just curious, but where do you place your CPAP machine and battery when hammock camping? I am going to be trying to use mine this summer, but for the life of me, I cannot visualize how to keep it up off the ground and dry. I was thinking of maybe a Ridgeline Organizer or something, but just was not sure if the weight, with battery, would be too much. Thoughts or pics would be appreciated!

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I hang mine from the gear sling or the peak shelf. See Dream hammock for a pic of their gear sling.

Hammock
    WBXLC, Chameleon, RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images
    X2 on the Dream Hammock Gear Sling!

I use a DutchWare ridgeline organizer.

Quote Originally Posted by forces View Post
    You might look into the ResMed AirMini. Its a tiny Auto-titrating CPAP. I'm no electrician, but I would think a smaller motor would draw less power and extend your battery. Also, bonus weight savings on this tiny CPAP.
    That looks awesome, didn't even know this existed. Will have to look into it as I usually just for-go my CPAP when camping/backpacking/hunting.

Thanks, guys for the responses! I may just have to order one of those!

I just want to keep this thread alive for people like me who need it. Thanks so much to all you fine folks who have posted to it.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicPaddler View Post
    These batteries have no built in protection. There are boards that will protect these batteries but I do not know of any that can be used without soldering on connectors and some of the boards are sensitive to noise. Another option is a alarm that sounds when the battery is getting to its lower limit. THAT MEANS USE THE BATTTERY AFTER THE ALARM SOUNDS WILL DESTROY THE BATTERY. An example of an plug in alarm is.
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...___store=en_us
    These might be a great solution if you know what you're doing. They could be a terrible choice if you don't. If you continue discharging a LiPo battery beyond it's limit, it can (and often does) overtheat enough to catch fire, destroying a lot more than just the battery. I don't have time to go into the details at the moment, but if anyone is interested in this it could be done safely IF you have the right gear and understand how it works.

- James

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast