Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    The color here is Tawny Olive which is a great color...

Ah, now I recognize the Raven as the hammock clad in the UGQ Zeppelin underquilt in the photos for the recent Massdrop I joined. (And you're right. After making a sil-poly tarp that color, I think Tawny Olive is great. It certainly makes a good-looking Dream Hammock.)
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Ah, now I recognize the Raven as the hammock clad in the UGQ Zeppelin underquilt in the photos for the recent Massdrop I joined. (And you're right. After making a sil-poly tarp that color, I think Tawny Olive is great. It certainly makes a good-looking Dream Hammock.)
    The Smurfs could come out with "Puke Green" and "Dog Poop Brown" as color choices, and they'd still manage to make them look good!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    I prefer going topless when at all possible , we are bringing Tawny Olive in for tarps as I recently made one for myself and really like it...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    The Smurfs could come out with "Puke Green" and "Dog Poop Brown" as color choices, and they'd still manage to make them look good!
    Well, we could certainly build the hammock, but the experts at ripstopbytheroll.com are the only ones I know who can create these wonderful sounding fabrics.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Getting in line myself for one of these babies. Lovin that tawny olive.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Well, we could certainly build the hammock, but the experts at ripstopbytheroll.com are the only ones I know who can create these wonderful sounding fabrics.
    Something tells me that RSBTR probably isn't looking to push the envelope in that direction. But nevertheless, you guys make fantastic products.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit/LLG CP
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Thank you all for your comments you guys pushed me off the fence and I placed my order #5179. The toughest part was picking a color I went with burnt orange. I figured most of it on the outside would be covered by the underquilt which is charcoal gray and I thought it would be nice having a brighter color inside the hammock. Now comes the wait I sure it will be worth it!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Congrats on the raven order and the wait will be worth it.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light &amp; waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I purchased a barely used Raven largely because I thought I needed to give the GE hammock dark side a try since my other hammocks are a WBRR and a hammocktent 90 degree.

What zeroed me in on the used Raven was the symmetrical design at a price that was half of what I would have paid for a similar Chameleon. I didn't know what "lay" I was and since have proven to be a left lay inspite of being right handed. I still love the versatility and will lay this way and that, this end and that end just to enjoy the switch. I have spent more nights in hammocks over the winter than in a bed trying various permutations of hammock and under insulation. I am unusual in that I prefer to use a lightly inflated Exped Downmat 7 UL MW in my hammocks. I think it provides a better, wider, and flatter sleeping experience without any danger of the dreaded calf ridge that is common to GE hammocks. Plus I am convinced it is provides a better side sleeping experience too. And lastly, the pad keeps the hammock away from your face instead of having to use pullouts. I have no problems scooching the pad into a diagonal in the Raven without it sliding out from under me and having a super nights comfort sleep.

I really like the cover option for an enclosed, warmer, and darker sleeping experience. My thought are on the DH cover/bugnet design is that they may be more forgiving to fumbled entry/exit mishaps than the Chameleon's design. Bottom line is that I have found the Raven to be such a comfortable hammock that I will be selling my WBRR. However, my hammocktent 90 degree will definitely remain.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit/LLG CP
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    I purchased a barely used Raven largely because I thought I needed to give the GE hammock dark side a try since my other hammocks are a WBRR and a hammocktent 90 degree.

What zeroed me in on the used Raven was the symmetrical design at a price that was half of what I would have paid for a similar Chameleon. I didn't know what "lay" I was and since have proven to be a left lay inspite of being right handed. I still love the versatility and will lay this way and that, this end and that end just to enjoy the switch. I have spent more nights in hammocks over the winter than in a bed trying various permutations of hammock and under insulation. I am unusual in that I prefer to use a lightly inflated Exped Downmat 7 UL MW in my hammocks. I think it provides a better, wider, and flatter sleeping experience without any danger of the dreaded calf ridge that is common to GE hammocks. Plus I am convinced it is provides a better side sleeping experience too. And lastly, the pad keeps the hammock away from your face instead of having to use pullouts. I have no problems scooching the pad into a diagonal in the Raven without it sliding out from under me and having a super nights comfort sleep.

I really like the cover option for an enclosed, warmer, and darker sleeping experience. My thought are on the DH cover/bugnet design is that they may be more forgiving to fumbled entry/exit mishaps than the Chameleon's design. Bottom line is that I have found the Raven to be such a comfortable hammock that I will be selling my WBRR. However, my hammocktent 90 degree will definitely remain.
    The symmetrical design and value of an integrated net hammock is also what attracted me to this hammock. Having the ability to switch lays was also a requirement. I believe I am a left lay, just the way I laid when I first got into a hammock, but still not convinced I wouldn't want to switch it up. I also was waiting to see Dutch's new hammock, the Chameleon, and like the features and ability to switch lays by flipping the net/cover, but I believe the Raven to be a better value and fit for me. It is good to hear that you find the Raven to be comfortable and so comfortable that as a side sleeper switching from a WBRR. What frabic is your Raven?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast