Legit/G4/Chinese?? or Whatcha got ?
    Tarp
    MtnSmith Sun Shade
    Insulation
    Foam pad
    Suspension
    Harbor Freight

Wink Say Hey !

Cliff Hanger here, making a belated introduction. I'm a 71+ year old married retiree from a variety of retail, medical, parks & rec. occupations. Used to be in the outdoors all over the West Coast & Yellowstone N.P. (a bit) before I retired. For some reason I pretty much gave up the need to fish, hunt, canoe, camp, or travel over the last 15 years, but I've come back to my senses.
    Hoped to have been hammock camping by now, but I'm NOT starting with the kind of snowfall we've been getting in the Sierras this Spring(?). I'm a retired backpacker-accent- on the "tired" part and trying to get back into the calling after a 20 years absence. Seems hammocks and ultra light have replaced my mountain tent, Svea stove, Vasque boots and Kelty Expedition, external frame backpack; but that's alright, I can adapt, when needed. Got me a cheap double nest, tree straps, 'cat' stove, and a 30 L internal frame rucksack (we'd called that a "book bag" 20 years ago) and trail runners, to take on the Sierras. I liked snow to X-country ski on, 30-40 years ago, but not for much else, so no ski camping for me. I intend to be in or near Lassen N.P. (weather permitting) when the Spring thaw gets underway. This hammock stuff is all new to me but it fits in with the ultra light concept I have in mind and that suits my 70 year old back !
    So, I hope to be learning & re-learning a lot from you folks and I'm grateful for the wisdom available. I've already had some questions answered and I'm sure there will be more, as I progress.
    Cheers, Cliff

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome Cliff Hanger to the forums. The beauty is you now do not have to travel till you find a flat spot to camp. You can hike in a few hundred yards and setup and enjoy

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hello from Alabama! Welcome back to your first love I've been out of it a while myself, but the call of the outdoors is always there. Sleeping in a hammock has given me a new sense of excitement to get outside. And I don't hurt when I wake up! Yay! Enjoy your journey.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Marietta GA. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Asym & Safari
    Hi Cliff!
    Welcome from Ontario Canada.

Bob
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Legit/G4/Chinese?? or Whatcha got ?
    Tarp
    MtnSmith Sun Shade
    Insulation
    Foam pad
    Suspension
    Harbor Freight
    Thanks to all !Been checking out some spots nearby, to set-up some practice runs. Pretty wet right now, beautiful yesterday, impressive hail storm the day before. Expect better, late next week, unless I decide to see just how waterproof my tarps really are. Getting anxious; saw some incredible country yesterday around Black Butte Reservoir, near Orland, Ca. Way too hot & crowded for Summer, beautiful in Spring. I'll try to get a few pics uploaded today; rolling green hills surrounded by snowy coastal range mountains, with plenty of clouds, of many kinds.

Hammock
    Butt in a sling camper XL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    EE Down Top Quilt
    Suspension
    Humming Bird
    Howdy!

Welcome from southern michigan

Welcome to the forums from Michigan. Glad to hear you're back into it after a bit of an absence. Lots of great information here and don't hold back If you have any questions. Lots of friendly people around here who will gladly offer up an opinion.

• + New Posts