Hammock
    RSBTR DIY Kit
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Dutch straps/cinch
    I'll be there, for sure. I'm packing Thursday, heading out Friday morning, after rush hour dies down.

I'm guessing it'll take me approx. 4 hours, so I'll be arriving 1-2pm

I'm bringing coffee and a French Press, cream, sugar, coffee white, etc.
    Red Belt Grand Master Barista. Don't ask me about it, or there will be coffee made.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'm still in, though haven't decided when I'm going to drive over yet. Thinking about coming on Thursday afternoon so I can do a substantial hike on Friday. Still plan to do the monument hike, thinking Saturday morning - need to be at the ranger station for the shuttle at maybe 8:15am or so.

I can bring BBQ (pulled pork + brisket) and buns, but don't have any gear to warm it with, so hopefully someone will have a camp stove?

--Kurt
    My hiking/backpacking Youtube channel: Youtube

My BackpackGearTest reviews: Reviews

If you have an HH, then you should read my SuperShelter review: HH Super Shelter

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by kwpapke View Post
    I'm still in, though haven't decided when I'm going to drive over yet. Thinking about coming on Thursday afternoon so I can do a substantial hike on Friday. Still plan to do the monument hike, thinking Saturday morning - need to be at the ranger station for the shuttle at maybe 8:15am or so.

I can bring BBQ (pulled pork + brisket) and buns, but don't have any gear to warm it with, so hopefully someone will have a camp stove?

--Kurt
    I'll definitely have a "car camping" stove. I'm planning on getting there Thursday as well to make sure we have some sites available to the group. I'll be bringing some wood for a fire, will have plenty of water and had tentatively planned to host a pancake breakfast for the group with "bacon". I can do this Saturday or Sunday morning. Which ever the group wants.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    tablecloth for now
    Tarp
    Harbor Freight
    Insulation
    Blue Foam
    Suspension
    Web & Mule Tape
    Yep still planning on coming - Bought assorted brauts - should I buy buns or we just have them on the homemade bread?

I'll be there as well. I'm a vegetarian, so how does everyone feel about fajitas? That way everyone can put in whatever meat or go sans if they choose.

I'll probably head out Thursday late morning/afternoon since I have the whole day off.

Hammock
    tablecloth for now
    Tarp
    Harbor Freight
    Insulation
    Blue Foam
    Suspension
    Web & Mule Tape
    Love me Fajitas - Any other Vegan's in the group?

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Coupla issues, but nothing too serious. Many of you probably are aware of the Sawmill fire burning in the Santa Rita Mtns West of the Chiricahuas:

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5164/

It is a *long* ways away from where we'll be camping, but right now the smoke plume does extend over the Chiricahuas. It won't interfere with driving, etc. but if you have lung/breathing issues, it could be a consideration. With any luck it will be extinguished by the time we arrive, but you never know. This fire has grown very quickly, and the area it is burning in is very dry. At the very least there may be heightened concerns over campfires when we are there.

Second thing to keep in mind: when I made my first trip to this area I got a nasty flat tire just as the road turned to gravel. There must have been a big piece of metal in the roadway, as it tore a 1" hole in my tire. Just keep your eyes on the road when it hits gravel, to make sure you don't get any nasty surprises. Check your spare before you depart. I made the mistake of not doing so when I had my flat, and my spare tire was low on air and I had to turn around and find a gas station to pump it up.

Weather: still a little far out to know, but the 10-day forecast for Tucson is for mid-90's and sunshine, so we won't be too cold at night!

--Kurt
    My hiking/backpacking Youtube channel: Youtube

My BackpackGearTest reviews: Reviews

If you have an HH, then you should read my SuperShelter review: HH Super Shelter

Since we're about a week out I thought we may want to start getting a break down on food stuff. I'll plan on doing Fajitas Friday night for the group. I'll bring out the peppers, onions, black beans, tortillas, and rice. If anyone wants chicken/steak they are more than welcome to add it in. If anyone has any special requests please let me know so I can pick up whatever is needed. I figured I'd also bring the requisite smores materials, so bring your roasters.

As for cooking I'l be bringing my 2 burner camp stove so I think that brings us up to at least 4 burners. I don't have a griddle top, but if anyone else does and wants to bring it I think that would make pancakes a little easier since I think someone else mentioned they want to do that Saturday morning.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophedude View Post
    Since we're about a week out I thought we may want to start getting a break down on food stuff. I'll plan on doing Fajitas Friday night for the group. I'll bring out the peppers, onions, black beans, tortillas, and rice. If anyone wants chicken/steak they are more than welcome to add it in. If anyone has any special requests please let me know so I can pick up whatever is needed. I figured I'd also bring the requisite smores materials, so bring your roasters.

As for cooking I'l be bringing my 2 burner camp stove so I think that brings us up to at least 4 burners. I don't have a griddle top, but if anyone else does and wants to bring it I think that would make pancakes a little easier since I think someone else mentioned they want to do that Saturday morning.
    I'm planning to bring a griddle for my stove. Pancake breakfast with bacon on Saturday morning to fuel folks for the hike. I'll also bring the syrup/fruit and paper plates/plastic knifes forks. I can do coffee too but my experience is that folks like to do their own. I do drink coffee black with no sugar.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    RSBTR DIY Kit
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Dutch straps/cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    I can do coffee too but my experience is that folks like to do their own. I do drink coffee black with no sugar.
    I'm still new to group outings, so not sure how to proceed. Catastrophe said he was bringing a kettle, so I would bring all the coffee stuff. I'll do whatever the group wants, so if we can have the attendees chime in with group coffee vs "I'll do my own thing". I can do something other than coffee too.
    Red Belt Grand Master Barista. Don't ask me about it, or there will be coffee made.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast