WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    If you get the mesh please come back and give us a review of these. I want to use mesh but I'm afraid they will "catch" on everything on the tarp as it's being unfurled.
    I have two tarps and have a mesh sleeve on one (UGQ Winter Dream), and a silnylon on the other (WB Cloudburst). Personally I like the silnylon better. The mesh does snag a bit. Haven't torn it, but it just doesn't slide on and off as smoothly as the silnylon. I feel I don't have to be quite as careful with the silnylon. The tarp rolls up fairly tight in the mesh, so don't think the tarp will dry in the mesh sleeve vs the silnylon or silpoly. Both my tarp sleeves are single piece.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    I have two tarps and have a mesh sleeve on one (UGQ Winter Dream), and a silnylon on the other (WB Cloudburst). Personally I like the silnylon better. The mesh does snag a bit. Haven't torn it, but it just doesn't slide on and off as smoothly as the silnylon. I feel I don't have to be quite as careful with the silnylon. The tarp rolls up fairly tight in the mesh, so don't think the tarp will dry in the mesh sleeve vs the silnylon or silpoly. Both my tarp sleeves are single piece.
    I agree. I have a HammockGear one piece in mesh and a UGQ two piece in 1.1 silpoly. I much prefer the UGQ for the material and for the two piece design. The silpoly glides on nicer with less friction and feels nice to the touch and I don't think that it creates any issues with trapped air like some say. It's easy enough to squeeze any air out. It seems to pack smaller too. The two piece design is also nicer in my opinion. I like the symmetry and that it has little loops at the outside ends to anchor them when sliding them on. I use s-biners to anchor that loop to the tie-out. It seems easier to bunch up only half as much material on each end when pitched as well. It's one of those rare scenarios when I went against the conventional wisdom and I really liked it more.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    I agree. I have a HammockGear one piece in mesh and a UGQ two piece in 1.1 silpoly. I much prefer the UGQ for the material and for the two piece design. The silpoly glides on nicer with less friction and feels nice to the touch and I don't think that it creates any issues with trapped air like some say. It's easy enough to squeeze any air out. It seems to pack smaller too. The two piece design is also nicer in my opinion. I like the symmetry and that it has little loops at the outside ends to anchor them when sliding them on. I use s-biners to anchor that loop to the tie-out. It seems easier to bunch up only half as much material on each end when pitched as well. It's one of those rare scenarios when I went against the conventional wisdom and I really liked it more.
    I'll have to give the two-piece style a try one of these days!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234