Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

I finally got it right!

I know this won't be the most exciting post in the world, but I just wanted to share because it was just such a great moment of personal satisfaction for me.

This weekend, I got to finally take out my new BB XLC on a proper first trip. Brought along my HG Incubator UQ. This was the second trip I've taken with the UQ, but on the last trip, I was using my GT SBP, and on night 1 I got a cold butt, and on night 2, I was probably only warm because of all the clothes I was wearing, and I was also entirely zipped up in my sleeping bag.

This trip, I made it a personal goal to trust my underquilt by NOT getting into the sleeping bag all the way and just using it as a top quilt, and figured this would force me to finally really focus on getting the UQ adjusted and correct my cold spots.

Well, I'm happy to report that IT WORKED! I was starting to really worry about my inability to get my UQ adjusted just right, and was considering getting a Wooki just because I wasn't getting it figured out on the XLC.

On night #1 I had a tiny cold spot on my upper back, but this was because I didn't check that the draft collar was tucked in. Corrected this before night #2, and I was able to sleep the night away in glorious comfort with not a single cold spot.

I was already in love with hammock camping before, but after finally experiencing my first "EUREKA!" moment where I realized everything was actually set up properly, I really just couldn't even believe how great it was. I was so aware of how comfortable I was in the moment, that I actually started laughing in the hammock. It was truly amazing.

Oh, and I also did my first proper "breakfast from the hammock" each morning, too, with some great coffee, and that was even better than advertised! It was a wonderful little weekend getaway, and I'm just counting down the days until I can do it again!

Special thanks to all the posts I've read on here that really helped me learn what adjustments I might need to try out to get that quilt dialed-in just right! Having all that knowledge in the bank really helped!

Cheers!
    "From form to form, beauty to beauty, ever changing, never resting, all are speeding on with love's enthusiasm, singing with the stars the eternal song of creation."

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Oh how I love a good hammock success story.
    Once you go "breakfast from the hammock" you'll never go back.
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Always good to hear about folks having that Eureka moment where everything just comes together. Those nights stick with you.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Glad you got it wright!

Hammock
    DH Raven (5103)
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I'm trying to get in the woods this weekend. I hope to be half this successful. WTG!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    The Eureka moment is the most exciting part about hanging! To think you have that much comfort and warmth... while camping... unbelievable!

Congrats!

• + New Posts