Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    I find those reviews where something is posted "XYZ vs. ABC" to be very non-helpful. Bottom line here is that there are lots of things that serve purposes for lots of people without pitting one against the other. I like the singular focus much better. With so many of the "vs" posts, I am tempted to respond with something about how fortunate we are as a community to have either option. I think that to be so true with our vendors.
    Well said!!

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    I find those reviews where something is posted "XYZ vs. ABC" to be very non-helpful. Bottom line here is that there are lots of things that serve purposes for lots of people without pitting one against the other. I like the singular focus much better. With so many of the "vs" posts, I am tempted to respond with something about how fortunate we are as a community to have either option. I think that to be so true with our vendors.
    Typically when there is an XYZ vs ABC post, people are asking about differences in the two products because they are trying to make a decision between them (in the instances I recall). That said it is usually not helpful. For instance, if someone wants to compare under-quilts between two very well known and respected quilt manufacturers here on the forums, geez, they're both great pieces of gear and you really can't go wrong.

Sometimes however, they can be helpful, when two pieces of similar gear may have real differences in add-ons or features. I have garnered some good information on backpack comparisons posted in the donating members' area, for instance. As stated above, we read the ones we're interested in and skip the others... RYOF- Read Your Own Forum!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123