Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    Flatline, your YouTube video on the Lazy Slug made the difference in my deciding to get the gigantic skins, so thank you.

I chuckled over the Barney and Thelma Lou quilts. I had a pair of Ring Neck Doves with those names a long time ago. Originally caged, I set them free and they would fly to me as I called them from a second story porch.
    Thanks to that pair of birds, there are generations of doves on the east end of Galveston (crapping on cars), so I'm told.

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    SSUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I took this set up down the linville gorge hike a few weekends ago. The temp dropped to 20 with no wind. I did pack heavy as I did a 5 mile out and back, and was nothing too fancy. In my set up for the evening, I had the SSUQ with a rollout sleeping pad, then my down sleeping bag rated for 25 and a liner. I did sleep in a pair of long johns, a down coat, wool socks and basic hat. During this time I was not super warm, but I had no cold spots on my butt, nor was I freezing. In the Lite owl hammock I was able to sleep, and dang did I sleep like a champion. I did not wake up do to being cold through the night. Would I sleep down to that temp again, no. I will buy a UQ rated for it, but I know that if I get caught out in cool weather, I will be okay.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12