Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I've never been here, so I'm not sure where the welcome hut or little lodge is that has been spoken of. Do you mean the headquarters? If so, does this info from their website sound right?

From Washington, D.C./Baltimore: (Travel time approximately 2 hours.) Take I-70 west to I-68 west. Take exit #64 (M.V. Smith Road). Make a right onto M.V. Smith Road. The Headquarters Drive is on the right after crossing I-68.

I know some people are traveling from a bit away and may have work on Friday and not be able to be there late. I could be there as early as 5pm - but I wouldn't want to make any decisions about location/campsites because I don't know the area. Or if we can figure out an exact location beforehand, we won't have to worry about meeting up.

Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by souperjen24 View Post
    I've never been here, so I'm not sure where the welcome hut or little lodge is that has been spoken of. Do you mean the headquarters? If so, does this info from their website sound right?

From Washington, D.C./Baltimore: (Travel time approximately 2 hours.) Take I-70 west to I-68 west. Take exit #64 (M.V. Smith Road). Make a right onto M.V. Smith Road. The Headquarters Drive is on the right after crossing I-68.

I know some people are traveling from a bit away and may have work on Friday and not be able to be there late. I could be there as early as 5pm - but I wouldn't want to make any decisions about location/campsites because I don't know the area. Or if we can figure out an exact location beforehand, we won't have to worry about meeting up.
    So if I am understanding the posts and the State forest website. The headquarters has a spot for self registration, I believe this is the welcome hut or little lodge that was being posted about. I am not sure if my schedule is going to be changed by that time so I do not know if I will be there early on Friday or later on Friday. I will actually be riding up from Calvert county.

Those directions to the Headquarters should be good.
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

Quote Originally Posted by MDCrab View Post
    So if I am understanding the posts and the State forest website. The headquarters has a spot for self registration, I believe this is the welcome hut or little lodge that was being posted about. I am not sure if my schedule is going to be changed by that time so I do not know if I will be there early on Friday or later on Friday. I will actually be riding up from Calvert county.

Those directions to the Headquarters should be good.
    Yes. The little hut being talked about is roughly 100 feet from the headquarters. It's just a place to check in after hours and drop your money off and what not. If I were to come it would probably be around 8. As I would take a half day and I work second shift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Can we get a rough head count going? Chime in if you wanna come.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageSpartan06 View Post
    Can we get a rough head count going? Chime in if you wanna come.

I'm still planning on being there. If it looks like heavy rain I may cancel but will probably still go with light rain.

I'm planning on it. I'll be solo, maybe my dog. Only work or a bad storm will change my plans. Prob arrive Friday, do some geocaching during the day Saturday and then camp a second night.

Hammock
    Chameleon / HH with 2qzq mod 4
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    I'm trying to be there late Friday around 8ish if too late ill come early Saturday
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

work called me in that weekend. I'm going to miss out

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Does anyone Object to me bringing my 5 yr old daughter? She wants to come with me so bad, only problem is I don't have a little hammock for her so she would have to bunk with me
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Ok, I got it worked out where I can be there around 3-4 pm Friday, My Little girl will be with me (5yrs old), I will get a site with my Veteran Status of it being free for serving, I will then put in the Kiosk outside what site I will be at, If u want to hang with me you are more then welcome. I should have most of the Fire wood ready and smore's for my little one as well. If a kid is not your cup of tea there is 99 more sites to pick from. hope to see u guys and gals there

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast