Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sqidmark View Post
    Just to clarify, it seems as though you're confusing secondary suspension with the end cinch cords. It's two different things. Not all quilts are suspended the same, and not all quilts have secondary suspension, so generally speaking:

Primary = the main shock cord that goes through the side channels, end to end. Often one big length of cord that makes a loop that gets attached to the hammock at each end, typically with a mini-biner. This cord pulls the quilt up underneath the hammock.

Secondary = Shorter length of cord that attaches to loops or something like line-lok 3's at each corner of the quilt. One cord loops from the corner at one side to the corner at the other side and is commonly attached to the same biner as the primary, although often attached via prusik's to the main suspension cord.

Cinch Cord = This is the one that cinch's the ends of the quilt closed, to prevent drafts. Basically, it's the one that goes across the short ends of the quilt, rather than down the length. This is the one that is easy to get too tight because it seems counter intuitive to loosen it to close the gap.
    Exactly, especially the cinch cord part. So easy to overtighten! It's important to think how it fits with you IN the hammock, not while you're outside and trying to make it look nice and tight to the hammock itself.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The best advice I can give is to get into your hammock and have another person tighten up the underquilt while you're in the hammock. I showed my wife a few YouTube videos on how the quilt should fit, and then she adjusted it while i was laying in the hammock. I haven't had any issues since then.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12