DIY Multicam /DIY Argon1.6
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Hey Bart, have had a chance to set up your matching sets yet? Here are a few shots of the cover. I'll leave any comments about use to Gbrugs as this is a one offadditiin I made for him to use as an addtl cover for cold weather and possibly in lieu of a tarp on milder/dry trips. I used Argon90 fabric so it's breathable with a DWR finish(not waterproof)
    Rick

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    It's been really awesome to watch this take shape. I believe you're filling a vital void that was there for people who really enjoy hiking/camping with their dogs and want to keep them contained or protected from bugs without much hassle.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    It's been really awesome to watch this take shape. I believe you're filling a vital void that was there for people who really enjoy hiking/camping with their dogs and want to keep them contained or protected from bugs without much hassle.
    Thanks alifeoutdoors. If I'm not mistaken some of the inspiration for this rig came from a diy project of yours. I agree, I think it fills a nice niche for people that love hanging with their pups. Hope to just keep making a better product as the ones in use get more use and I can respond to user feedback.
    Rick

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by bartdelatte View Post
    Are we going to see the over cover adder? I've been waiting patiently.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I plan to do a video with the new cover and updates soon. I just have been traveling a lot on weekends so hoping to do it within the next few weeks. Sorry for the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    How does the pet palace handle hammocks that hang with the foot end substantially higher than the head end? All of the pictures so far, have both ends at an equal height but it looks like the head end would sack quite a bit with the head end liftet higher. Is this the case or how does the pet palace work around this issue?

(And by difference, I mean WBBB XLC recommended difference of up to about 16 inches)

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post
    How does the pet palace handle hammocks that hang with the foot end substantially higher than the head end? All of the pictures so far, have both ends at an equal height but it looks like the head end would sack quite a bit with the head end liftet higher. Is this the case or how does the pet palace work around this issue?

(And by difference, I mean WBBB XLC recommended difference of up to about 16 inches)
    I think you can make it work fairly easily. You maybe even could work with Rick and see if there is any way to make the hole on both ends a bit bigger to the suspension wont put pressure on the netting. I think a larger hole on the ends would accommodate different hang angles for either end. It is enough to have one end high than the other now but if it is substantial like you indicate , the option would be to make the hole larger or to hang the pet palace at an angle to accommodate.

Id talk to Rick, see what he thinks. He may chime in here. He is he real technical guru so he probably has a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post

Hey Latt,
    That is definitely a unique challenge presented by the XLC if you want that kind of difference in foot/head height. Pretty easy fix I think. I would just need to make the extension collars a little larger, as in have the opening start farther from the top and be a little larger to allow for that offset in height of the head/foot end. Let me know if that makes sense or you have other questions.
    Thanks
    Rick

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Omg, thank you i dont have to sew one now..... but a question, my dog likes to go in and out of his own accord at night, any possibility of doing a bit of custom work with it? I have an idea but might be a challenge?
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kattdogg View Post
    Omg, thank you i dont have to sew one now..... but a question, my dog likes to go in and out of his own accord at night, any possibility of doing a bit of custom work with it? I have an idea but might be a challenge?
    Hey kattdogg,
    I'm always up for a challenge! Be curious to hear your idea. Feel free to shoot me a message with your thoughts. If you have a sketch, that would be helpful as well.
    You can reach me at [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Rick

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Okay folks, I have finally got around to filming/editing/uploading the Pet Palace updates/tips and the Pet Palace Winter Cover. Let me know if you have any questions I didn't cover. See specs below.

Here are the two videos. Be sure to watch my original videos first if you are new to this thread on the Cave Creek Hammock Pet Palace.

https://youtu.be/1pasMkf4yeY

https://youtu.be/VIDMymeC5GE

Pet Palace Specs:
    Cost: $155 base
    Waterproof bathtub floor(Hex70, 2.2 coated ripstop), with 4(corner) ground tie out points.
    Sidewalls made of .90 noseeum mesh
    Grosgrain reinforced ridgeline
    Single side fully opening U-shaped zippered opening(#3 zipper w/double tab sliders)
    Extension collars with cord lock/cord for tight seal against hammock/suspension.
    Matching stuffsack.
    Floor: 60”L x 48”W x 8”H
    Bugnet sidewall: 55” sidewall height 100” ridgeline length, approximately 120” with collar extensions. Dimensions in stuffsack: 8” x 17”
    Weight: 23 oz

Custom Options:
    Side panel pulls: creates tie out options to open netting up/create internal space
    Seam seal floor corners
    Matching waterproof footprint(coming soon)

Pet Palace updates: Self explanatory from the video. Cinch channels added to each side to aid in but proofing and how the hammock lays in the Pet Palace. Seems minor but makes a big difference. Can accommodate almost any hammock.

Pet Palace Winter Cover: THIS IS NOT ON CAVE CREEK'S WEBSTIE, you must ask for it as a custom item by contacting rick. See bottom of post for contact info.
    It is not just for winter, but is mainly a cold and wind barrier 360 degree cover for the Pet Palace. I love it to replace a full tarp for short hangs with the pup (or without the pup and pet palace). It can stay right on the Pet Palace and you do not need any additional tie outs or stakes (may want to bring a few for the door area and doors if very windy to keep taught. It can be used with pole mods as well to keep tension with wind and keep the materials out of your face.

Pet Palace Specs:
    Made from either 1.1 ripstop or Argon90 fabric which is both wind resistant, breathable and has a DWR finish.
    Single center top to bottom zipper( mid side panel)
    Snaps on ends for full closure
    8 edge tieouts to attach to corner stakes and close end panels(doors)
    Weight: Estimated (i weighed mine): 11.5oz

www.cavecreekhammock.com
    Owner: Rick
    [email protected]

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast