yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps

National Group Hang

Should there be a national hammock forums group hang?

I think that would be cool. Something kind of like the Damascus Trail Days of the hammock community.

Colorado maybe?

Has anyone approached this before? I think a hammock forums nationally organized event would be very cool.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HGdcf, SLDwinterhv
    Insulation
    WBlynx, HGburrow
    Suspension
    Dutch daisy chain
    Images
    That would be pretty cool.
    Of course Missouri and Arkansas are in the middle of the states. Not that it matters that much unless getting there is an issue.
    I wonder how many and how big a place would be necessary?
    Interesting problem to solve.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I think I can safely say: that ain't gonna happen. Have you ever organized a group hang for 25 people? It's a lot of work. Even the biggest hangs in the country, MAHHA in PA and probably HangCon in Florida, don't get many people coming from afar. The one thing those hangs have going for them is they have a large population of local hangers within a five hour drive.

Arkansas? Missouri? Not on many people's list of places to hang. Colorado? Beautiful country, but not exactly a hotbed for group hangs. Besides, it's not easy finding a place to handle 100+ hangers.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Anything's possible if people want to get it done. It doesn't have to be a hang either...a cottage industry hammock convention may be a more appropriate description.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Heck, I have a hard enough time getting to go to local hangs I'm guessing it would be even harder to make it to another "national" hang. I would say go for it if you feel so inclined.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Kroma, am I to assume you're volunteering to take charge of all the planning and logistics? I watched the Florida Hang evolve from the second one in 2012 and maybe 50 people to HangCon last year with 300+. Gumbo and Timberr do an amazing job of coordination and planning but last year was even more than they expected I believe. Maybe they will join the discussion and add their input on what you are proposing. Good luck!

Look what I just found!
    http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/n...k-day-july-22/

Everybody just spend the day in their hammocks all day where ever you are. If everyone one in the the country spent July 22, 2017 in a hammock I wonder what that day would be like. Think about it.
    Last edited by olddog; 12-05-2016 at 21:21.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    Should there be a national hammock forums group hang?

I think that would be cool. Colorado maybe?

Has anyone approached this before? I think a hammock forums nationally organized event would be very cool.
    Don't listen to those naysayers who only cast doom on your idea! I also think a National hang would be cool.

I have no idea if anyone has approached this idea before, but I fully support you working towards making it happen!
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HG std CF3
    Insulation
    Yeti; Mt. Wash. 4
    Suspension
    Dutchware kevlar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Kroma, am I to assume you're volunteering to take charge of all the planning and logistics? I watched the Florida Hang evolve from the second one in 2012 and maybe 50 people to HangCon last year with 300+. Gumbo and Timberr do an amazing job of coordination and planning but last year was even more than they expected I believe. Maybe they will join the discussion and add their input on what you are proposing. Good luck!

Look what I just found!
    http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/n...k-day-july-22/

Everybody just spend the day in their hammocks all day where ever you are. If everyone one in the the country spent July 22, 2017 in a hammock I wonder what that day would be like. Think about it.

Give it a try and see what happens.

Of course, big hangs don't just "happen". They take lots of planning and organization. You may want to attend HangCon this year and watch both Gumbo and Timberr in action then, try to catch them and discuss what they do for a successful hang. It's a lot of work. Good luck.
    "I go because it irons out the wrinkles in my soul." -- Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Don't listen to those naysayers who only cast doom on your idea! I also think a National hang would be cool.

I have no idea if anyone has approached this idea before, but I fully support you working towards making it happen!
    Thanks Karla. The only way I see something like this taking traction is if enough of the vendors on here want it to.

It would have to be financially beneficial for vendors to sponsor paying for a site to be able to set up their displays for hopefully 500+ attendees over a weekend.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    Thanks Karla. The only way I see something like this taking traction is if enough of the vendors on here want it to.

It would have to be financially beneficial for vendors to sponsor paying for a site to be able to set up their displays for hopefully 500+ attendees over a weekend.
    Not necessarily. If you hold the event in a place where you don't need to pay for a site (like a forest), then you don't need to worry about needing vendors to sponsor it.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast