Hammock
    Wbrr
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    New river uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Unfortunately I won't be there . Wife had surgery last Thursday and can do much for two weeks so I'm confined to doing marital duties . She just found out today there was no cancer so that's all that really matters . Keep me informed about red river gorge .

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Quote Originally Posted by Campalot View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be there . Wife had surgery last Thursday and can do much for two weeks so I'm confined to doing marital duties . She just found out today there was no cancer so that's all that really matters . Keep me informed about red river gorge .
    Hey Camp, that good news is huge. So glad to hear your wife is okay and that everything is clear.

We will miss you this time around, but I'll make sure to eat a dog for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    SLD 11' 1.6 Hexon Wide TR
    Tarp
    11'Tadpole/12'OMW
    Insulation
    20F HG quilts
    Suspension
    1in straps/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by Campalot View Post
    Sorry didn't know about the surgery, but glad to hear no cancer! Enjoy the Mr mom time!
    I go down to the gorge the 2nd Saturday of every month for trail crew if for some reason BigE wimps out in July
    We could always just do a long weekend (take Monday/Tuesday off) on one of those weekends and meet you there Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Just PM me.

Just for the record, I'll do angry baked beans. (beans with sweet and heat)

Hammock
    Tarp
    11'Tadpole/12'OMW
    Insulation
    20F HG quilts
    Suspension
    1in straps/biners
    I just came across this today at lunch and thought I would pass along to anyone with interest. Integrated hammock and quilt system. Kickstarter starts in a couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjLkzeEm_kE

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Those angry beans are gonnna make for an angry hammock!
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Kentucky, sometimes. In the woods, all the time.
    Hammock
    Dutchware Half-wit
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG - Inc 20/Bur 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It's looking like I'll have a fairly late arrive Friday evening, so whomever gets there first will need to stop by the camp office to get our paperwork, not that we've ever needed it. And, I'll probably be headed out first thing Sunday morning, quite possibly before breakfast.

Also, I've caught word that Brian/Zegamil and his guest might not make it either. And, I know for sure that Mike won't be here either.

BigE, it will almost certainly be just us two for mountain man breakfast on Saturday. If that is the case, we might consider scaling it back a bit as the two of us probably shouldn't eat a dozen eggs, potatoes, and a pound of sausage. I think we'll still have all the fixins but might not have to cook it all. Sound good?

I think the rain is going to greatly influence our attendance this weekend. Hopefully, it won't rain the entire time.
    Get out and hike!
    www.RedTrailedHawk.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    11'Tadpole/12'OMW
    Insulation
    20F HG quilts
    Suspension
    1in straps/biners
    It will be wet Friday night into Saturday am only. Look at the graph toward bottom of page.
    https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...ws:KKYLOUIS123

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTrailedHawk View Post
    It's looking like I'll have a fairly late arrive Friday evening, so whomever gets there first will need to stop by the camp office to get our paperwork, not that we've ever needed it. And, I'll probably be headed out first thing Sunday morning, quite possibly before breakfast.

Also, I've caught word that Brian/Zegamil and his guest might not make it either. And, I know for sure that Mike won't be here either.

BigE, it will almost certainly be just us two for mountain man breakfast on Saturday. If that is the case, we might consider scaling it back a bit as the two of us probably shouldn't eat a dozen eggs, potatoes, and a pound of sausage. I think we'll still have all the fixins but might not have to cook it all. Sound good?

I think the rain is going to greatly influence our attendance this weekend. Hopefully, it won't rain the entire time.
    Yes, I think this weekend is going to be an effort in tarping. My hope is to be there tomorrow afternoon and get a common area under tarp.

It does look like it's just you and I for breakfast. Brian was signed up for eggs. I'll grab some sausage and eggs to make sure we are covered.

I know we had a few families signed up. I wouldn't be surprised if ends up being just a few of us this weekend.

I'm also going to try and source some wood close by.

I'll check in and post the gate code.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Quote Originally Posted by KYHiker View Post
    It will be wet Friday night into Saturday am only. Look at the graph toward bottom of page.
    https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...ws:KKYLOUIS123
    I hope all the rain drops at once and blows out.

Hammock
    Tarp
    11'Tadpole/12'OMW
    Insulation
    20F HG quilts
    Suspension
    1in straps/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE94 View Post
    Yes, I think this weekend is going to be an effort in tarping. My hope is to be there tomorrow afternoon and get a common area under tarp.

It does look like it's just you and I for breakfast. Brian was signed up for eggs. I'll grab some sausage and eggs to make sure we are covered.

I know we had a few families signed up. I wouldn't be surprised if ends up being just a few of us this weekend.

I'm also going to try and source some wood close by.

I'll check in and post the gate code.

Heads up on the tarp and widow makers this evening. Local TV weatherman says there is potential for some severe stuff blowing through. Might want to break out that big Kelty Noah and hang it low and flat toward the West! Doubt it will be too bad if it rolls in after dark, less heat/energy then, but then I'm not a professional ... see ya tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by KYHiker; 04-28-2017 at 08:57.

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast