SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    We can help with that outdoors thing, too!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what style and size hammock are you using for sleeping indoors?
    I like the gathered ends or whatever you call them. Usually I had been using nylon ones but I was having a hard time finding the one I wanted and the last one I got for indoors is woven cotton with rope ends. It is actually a bit too long for my 12 foot stand as I can't tighten it up as far as I like. I use an old (verry old) four inch thick mattress in the bottom that came from an old folding bed. If I turn it often enough it provides good support and super comfort.

[QUOTE=keith;1694298]Welcome

I would ditch the stand, and use wall attachments. You could do it with decorative flare if you wish. The beauty of wall to wall is you can move you hammock to one side during the day and have more space. Holes are very easy to fill in if you should move etc. ENO makes an Indoor Hammock Hanging Kit. Here are a copy links I am sure more Ideas will follow. QUOTE]

I would like to try wall mounting. We just moved into what was just a "camp" and it's owner built and the measurements and methods are quite wonky. LOL! All the walls are sheathed with half inch chip board and studs are not always where I expect them to be. The stud finder I have isn't working to find them either.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeN- View Post
    All the walls are sheathed with half inch chip board and studs are not always where I expect them to be. The stud finder I have isn't working to find them either.
    I live in a house that was built many years ago, and 'repaired' repeatedly over 150 years. There is paneling on top of 1" thick plaster and lathe, on top of studs that aren't spaced evenly. I've found that a small drill bit is just about the only way to find a stud. I have a pail of patching plaster and some spare paint, too

Quote Originally Posted by Chemguy View Post
    I live in a house that was built many years ago, and 'repaired' repeatedly over 150 years. There is paneling on top of 1" thick plaster and lathe, on top of studs that aren't spaced evenly. I've found that a small drill bit is just about the only way to find a stud. I have a pail of patching plaster and some spare paint, too
    LOL! That gave me instant visions of this persistent little Nuthatch that plagues a big post out in the front yard. :-D Sounds like a good idea to me!

Hammock
    WBBB DL + 7 others
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre TQ0 UQ0
    Suspension
    15'Kevlar3.3J-bend
    Welcome from western NY. Spend time here and you'll find that as with homebrewing, hammocking has fully matured in all respects, compared to say 12 years ago when I looked into it and found much that was still experimental and iffy. There's still "new and improved" every year and this will probably go on forever. But whatever you want to do or where, you'll find plenty of helpful people here and answers to just about everything to do with hammocks and hammock camping. If you become a donating member, you'll have full access to all the forums also.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Welcome from alabama
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12