Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles

OutdoorINK Designer Intro Thread

We're starting to get some designers setup on the site now, so I wanted to start a centralized thread for announcing when each new one goes live. Of course, the designers won't all be HF members, but I thought folks on here would like to be aware of new designs coming down the pipe.

*Important note for designers posting on HF - If you become an OutdoorINK designer being paid commission for your work, you will have to be considered a vendor associated with RBTR. I have discussed this with the mods ahead of time so there is no confusion and everyone remains happy . It's important to understand the following:

1) You must be a donating member.
    2) You must follow the same rules as any other vendor and do any sales/promos in the RBTR sub forum.
    3) Insert a link to your OutdoorINK collection in your signature.
    4) Take care and be VERY careful about what you post on the forums. You cannot be perceived to be bad mouthing any other vendor. In other words, you have to keep opinions on other products and/or services to yourself.
    5) Carefully review and understand the HF TOS before beginning to post or promote.

If you have any questions about becoming a designer and posting on HF, please email me at [email protected].

With that being said, let's welcome some new OutdoorINK designers

Thanks!
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Please welcome CarterJW to the OutdoorINK design tribe. Some nice geometric patterns to start. I'm digging the Cubes and Tri 1 personally.

-> https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collect...igner-carterjw

Cubes swatch.jpg

Triangles swatch.jpg
    - Kyle

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
    Please welcome CarterJW to the OutdoorINK design tribe. Some nice geometric patterns to start. I'm digging the Cubes...
    Cubes swatch.jpg
    Me too...

Hammock
    Wilderness Technology double
    Tarp
    DIY hex silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Me too...

LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.0/1.7oz ROBIC XL
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly XL
    Insulation
    DIY 7.5oz Apex
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    My OutdoorINK Collection on Ripstop by the Roll
    https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collections/designer-jv

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinexus View Post
    You beat me to it . If you're wondering what this could look like on a hammock, JV has you covered:

pattern-on-hammock.png

Photo cred to Dream Hammock. Welcome again thanks for your submissions. Looking forward to seeing this and more designs come to life very soon.
    - Kyle

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.0/1.7oz ROBIC XL
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly XL
    Insulation
    DIY 7.5oz Apex
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    You beat me to it . If you're wondering what this could look like on a hammock, JV has you covered:

pattern-on-hammock.png

Photo cred to Dream Hammock. Welcome again thanks for your submissions. Looking forward to seeing this and more designs come to life very soon.
    Do note that is a rough estimate. I repeated the design 9 times horizontally and 2.5 times vertically in that picture.

Each pixel is 0.5"x0.5", so 4 pixels per square inch.
    My OutdoorINK Collection on Ripstop by the Roll
    https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collections/designer-jv

Hammock
    Experimental Hammocks
    Please welcome CarterJW to the OutdoorINK design tribe. Some nice geometric patterns to start. I'm digging the Cubes and Tri 1 personally.

-> https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collect...igner-carterjw

Cubes swatch.jpg

Triangles swatch.jpg

Thanks Kyle!

Really stoked to start making some fun designs. Currently I am still in school studying mechanical engineering but have always had a passion for art and stuff. I really enjoy geometric patterns so most of my designs will probably follow that, but am open to anything. If you have any suggestions for color ways feel free to shoot me a pm or facebook message on the outdoorINK design group.
    Owner at Experimental Hammocks
    http://www.experimentalhammocks.com/
    Designer for Ripstop by the Roll
    https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collections/designer-carterjw

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Cool Giving Thanks

Since it's the season for gratitude, I just wanted to express my thanks to Kyle and the team at Ripstop by the Roll for allowing me to be a part of the OutdoorINK design team and for accepting my contributions to their expanding collection of unique custom-printed outdoor gear fabric designs.

I was particularly grateful for the work they put in to make my first two fabric designs available on the website in time for the current Black Friday 15% Off sale.

As a graphic design professional working with independent businesses for over 14 years, I really appreciate how RTBR seeks to do business, and I'm hope that our association lasts a long time. We are certainly lucky to have them as a resource and as a vital part of the HF community.

My first OutdoorINK design is a pattern I call "Timbuktu". It is inspired by indigenous textile traditions in Mali (hence the name), where for centuries they have made the very labor-intensive Bogolanfini "mud cloth" hand-dyed fabric upon which my design is based. There are four color variants for this design so far, of which two are currently available at the time of this post...

My second design is a pattern simply called "Tiger Stripes", the first in a series of animal hide patterns on which I'm working; unlike so many commercially available patterns that merely suggest or approximate tiger stripes, for this graphic I studied and vectorized detailed photographs of an actual Sumatran tiger skin to try to capture the unique fingerprint-like pattern of an individual animal representative of this species. There are four color variants for this design so far, of which three are currently available at the time of this post...

Both of these fabric patterns are based on original full-width linear yard designs without repeats or reflections; each is an original artistic composition that was vectorized by hand with a high level of detail and individual variation designed to give it depth, texture, and character. They were designed expressly for RBTR's OutdoorINK product line with versatility in mind, and they should be suitable for hammocks, quilts, stuff sacks, or any other hammock and outdoor gear applications you can dream up. I'm hoping the work I put into them will complement the creativity that HF members put into the many find build projects they share here. In short, these patterns were inspired by you -- so I hope you like them and find them useful in building something unique and enjoyable for your hammock camping adventures.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all...
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    SLD TreeRunner, DD FL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    DD UQ HG Econ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Kitsap, I saw your Timbuktu in RSBTR store and really like the one with yellow. Nice work!
    I think would make a very cool pack cover or tarp.

Happy Hanging!
    cc
    Campcrafter

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains.
    - John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast