Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Exclamation DISCLAIMER

This DIY project report was submitted to this forum for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. Use any methods, ideas, or inspirations contained herein strictly AT YOUR OWN RISK. I accept no responsibility whatsoever for any injury or harm that befalls others owing to information presented here, and I accept no responsibility for any errors the post contains.

I do not in any way advocate that others should do anything I have presented here; this thread is strictly DOCUMENTATION OF FACT. Readers beware.

There is a lot of great information on Hammock Forums available from members with much more substantial experience, better ideas, and better methods than mine. SEEK IT OUT.

Thank you for your attention.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    KCB you are a DIY Ninja. I am jealous of your skills.

I really want to tackle this project at some point. My wife and I hang double using Dutch's Double Whoopie Hooks and spreader bar, and this tarp would provide superior coverage for us than our current KNT12 in the event of inclement weather.

The fact that you always share your methods and results, which takes much time and effort on your part on top of designing and making your creations, is much appreciated. Thank you Sir!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    Thinking about doing a similar grosgrain ridgeline, but I'm having trouble visualizing how you do the perimeter hem around the ridgeline area (which would already be sewn, correct?) Could you explain and/or provide pics? Also, does your final stitch on the grosgrain go below both stitches in your French seam, between, etc? Many thanks!
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderman View Post
    Thinking about doing a similar grosgrain ridgeline, but I'm having trouble visualizing how you do the perimeter hem around the ridgeline area (which would already be sewn, correct?) Could you explain and/or provide pics? Also, does your final stitch on the grosgrain go below both stitches in your French seam, between, etc? Many thanks!
    Sure. I stop sewing the standing seam at the ridge line about an inch short of the raw edge. Then I sew on the reinforcement patches, roll the perimeter hem and, finish the ridge line with the grosgrain. The final row of stitches at the ridge line that secures the folded ribbon rides just above the row in the standing seam that captured the raw edge.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    KCB you are a DIY Ninja. I am jealous of your skills.

I really want to tackle this project at some point. My wife and I hang double using Dutch's Double Whoopie Hooks and spreader bar, and this tarp would provide superior coverage for us than our current KNT12 in the event of inclement weather.

The fact that you always share your methods and results, which takes much time and effort on your part on top of designing and making your creations, is much appreciated. Thank you Sir!
    JSP, I believe that is the most gracious compliment I've ever been afforded on Hammock Forums, and it is very much appreciated.

I will endeavor to continue to hone my ninja skills and share the results of my projects with all of you in future reports. Thanks for the kind words.

Hammock
    Ox gear
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB & Ox Gear
    Suspension
    Webbing & Whoopies
    Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Sure. I stop sewing the standing seam at the ridge line about an inch short of the raw edge. Then I sew on the reinforcement patches, roll the perimeter hem and, finish the ridge line with the grosgrain. The final row of stitches at the ridge line that secures the folded ribbon rides just above the row in the standing seam that captured the raw edge.
    It all makes sense now! Thanks!
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    DIY (in progress)
    Insulation
    UQ - Incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Always changing
    Great job at on all your DIY projects. I am going to follow to make one of these myself. Well I am going to buy the materials and then drive to my Moms house and have her sew it. Never to old to still have mom make stuff for me and see loves seeing her grandkids. Anyway I digress......

On your corner reinforcements, when sewing your tie outs on, is there a reason you have them on the top of the tarp versus underneath? And also, does it give any strength to having the tarp sandwiched between the grosgrain?

Thanks

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyRiverKayakMan View Post
    Great job at on all your DIY projects. I am going to follow to make one of these myself. Well I am going to buy the materials and then drive to my Moms house and have her sew it. Never to old to still have mom make stuff for me and see loves seeing her grandkids. Anyway I digress......

On your corner reinforcements, when sewing your tie outs on, is there a reason you have them on the top of the tarp versus underneath? And also, does it give any strength to having the tarp sandwiched between the grosgrain?

Thanks
    Thanks. All my corner reinforcements are on the undersides of my tarps, with the two layers sandwiched between the grosgrain ribbon; some people do it the other way, on the outside. I don't know if it matters or not, but my method has worked for me so far.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    DIY (in progress)
    Insulation
    UQ - Incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Always changing
    Oops....I misspoke(mistyped). I meant to say the grosgrain is on top and the reinforcements on the bottom. Do you think you could put the grosgrain underneath as well?

Or another option when you fold the grosgrain back through the "D" ring, have one half of the fold on top and one half of the fold underneath. So it would be PB&J sand which

Bread - Grosgrain
    Peanut butter - Xenon
    Jelly - Reinforcement
    Bread - Grosgrain

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast