HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have removed a number of posts from this thread. If yours was one of them it was either completely off the OP's topic or was "stirring the pot".

If you have some first hand knowledge about the OP's products, Hot Spot, the Atlas EXT Utility strap and Drip Strips, please feel free to add it to this thread. If you have questions about these products, please do ask them.

If you are here to bash ENO then move along. As O&B said in another post the mods prefer not to close threads but instead we are moderating out responses that are off the OP original topic or inflammatory. What we are also doing is working to stop vendor bashing be that cottage vendors or off the shelf vendors.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ccchans View Post
    ...I still visit big box stores to see what new gear they're selling and discuss all things gear-related. I'm just impressed by how much closer the big box companies are to cottage vendors. Quailty is debatable, but the wider range of access to outdoor gear means more prospective people joining us outside. And that is good enough for me.
    I still visit REI, too, though I sometimes struggle to use my 20% off when I get them. ENO quality is good, I just think that sometimes the application is questionable. Its like they must never read anything on this forum, or have many folks in the field (other than college campuses) seeing what folks are doing. My opinion of straps with loops is that its just too much material. Why the webbing buckle isn't a universal type of suspension available on - included or offered separately - any retail hammock is beyond my comprehension. Its got to be cheaper than all that strap looped over on itself (including labor).

Quote Originally Posted by ccchans View Post
    So REI is the one late to the game
    Actually, REI's in my area have had all that stuff for at least a year, I think a couple of years actually. The quilts are something I've seen in the last year.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Caminante View Post
    ...Competing for the typical backpacking HF members' dollars would be outside of their core business.
    I think we have some ENO owners that don't realize they're not a core customer.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

I am new to hanging. If the salesman at the outfitter shop I visited intending to buy a tent, had not told how happy he was using his DN to sleep in every night, I would not be hanging. He sold me what I needed to get started. I have a set of the EXT straps, because I needed two more feet of suspension one of the first times I hung. I cannot comment on the straps since I haven't used them yet, but I see no reason they should not work for an extension.
    The straps are 54 inches each.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I think we have some ENO owners that don't realize they're not a core customer.
    Almost every product sold by any company bleeds out of the core group of consumers that they target, I wouldn't expect an ENO hammock to be any different. I used an ENO DN + blue tarp for camping for 3 months and it worked fine. My DIY 10.5' and silpoly tarp works better, but I still keep the ENO DN around for what it excels at.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    This is going to be my final warning. The OP topic is Hot Spot, the Atlas EXT Utility strap and Drip Strips. It is not a general discussion of ENO, it is not a discussion about cottage vs big company hammock vendors. If you wish that discussion then by all means open a thread about it and feel free to discuss it.

I am once again cleaning up posts on this thread. If we have another mass of off topic discussions here, I will close this thread.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    11' Robic XL
    Tarp
    HG 11' Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've never gotten wet in my ENO anyways. I have a profly XL and my carabiniers are under the tarp. I imagine most of the water just runs down the straps since I've been in some torrential downpours and never had any problem at all. With as close as the carabiners are to the hammock I would think that most any of their tarps cover to there and therefore you won't have to worry about a drip line. But I see no problem with selling people piece of mind if they do want them. They may even work too, I've had good luck with all of my ENO stuff.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123