Tarp
    Kelty Noah 16 X 16
    Insulation
    Mt. Washington 4
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Pythons
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Been hanging on the same set with 8" buries for many years. I wonder what I'm doing wrong??
    You don't weigh enough!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bibsoutdoors View Post
    You don't weigh enough!
    I agree with that statement. I have tried 8 inch, 10 inch, and 12 inch burys. The first try slipped no matter what, rapid descent to the ground made me hesitant to keep testing yet i persevered.

My second try at 10 inches held for a few seconds till it slowly let me to the ground. Granted i sat up that time only six inches off the ground.

Third go at it i went with 12 inch burys and they have been holding my 350 lbs for over a year now. More weight the more bury is needed. Ive had my GF lounging in the hammock with me and the UCR's have held just fine. 12 is my magic number whats yours?

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 / Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 16 X 16
    Insulation
    Mt. Washington 4
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Pythons
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Double View Post
    I agree with that statement. I have tried 8 inch, 10 inch, and 12 inch burys. The first try slipped no matter what, rapid descent to the ground made me hesitant to keep testing yet i persevered.

My second try at 10 inches held for a few seconds till it slowly let me to the ground. Granted i sat up that time only six inches off the ground.

Third go at it i went with 12 inch burys and they have been holding my 350 lbs for over a year now. More weight the more bury is needed. Ive had my GF lounging in the hammock with me and the UCR's have held just fine. 12 is my magic number whats yours?
    I've had no worries and great success with the 10" bury. But I really think you are on to something when you say, "if you weigh more increase the length of your bury."

Another feature that Goobie introduced me to before I switched, the ease of adjustment. I needed two hands to adjust the Whoopie, Goobie showed me how simple the UCR was to adjust with one hand even when you have weight in the hammock....I was completely sold after that. The only problem I see, I have two pairs of Whoopie Slings that are going unused! It's really a pleasure to have problems like this once in a while! Any fish.....I mean, any one out there looking to purchase used Whoopie slings??? Ha ha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    I wasn't sure this would work and didn't want to ask. I just went for it. I ran my 2.2 zing it ridge line through a couple of short pieces of that same zing it. I had to run the line in opposite directions so I could pull each way to tighten my tarp.

I was using prussic's and I couldn't get them to loosen with out putting slack in the ridge line. I can easily adjust, attach and remove, and hang over or under without touching the tension on the ridge line. This has been the best diy mod I've done yet. I can not get them to budge once milked out tight.

Thank you so much for all the great ideas here.

IMG_0328.jpg,IMG_0327.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Last summer some of us worked on mini-ucr's for both ridgeline and tie-outs. Redoleary used 'em for his tarps before that.

Yep, I just made a set of mini ucr's for my new tarp out of dutches black and green reflective lashit for tieouts. Black for the long rope and green for the constrictor part. I used some of the black dyneema rope and green reflective lashit as the constrictor for the split ridge line. Added a dutch hook to each end(total of 4) for easy attachments. Sling rope around tree clip hook to rope. Take other end clip hook onto split ring at ridgeline tieout. Pull and adjust to center. Now i just need to make the tarp. Some green tea silpoly xl arrived friday for that tho. Can't wait for it to be finished!

Hi all - am posting here to hopefully avoid having to needlessly create a new thread.

I'm struggling to work out the lengths of Amsteel I'm going to need to make a structured ridgeline UCR. My hammocks is 10"5 and am aiming for the golden 83% length of ridgeline (8 feet 7¾ inches). How does this length translate in to the two lengths of Amsteel that I will need? In Tacblades video, as well as in others, I've seen constrictors made are from lengths of around 30/40 inches. I would want a 10 inch bury just to be on the safe side.

I currently have a 4 metre length of Amsteel and a 30 inch length if that is of any help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Jamie

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678