DIY 10.5' Hexon1.6 burntcoyote
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles

Caroline Dormon Trail Hang Spots

A friend and I are planning a weekend hike on the Caroline Dormon and Backbone Trails in Kisatchie Nat. Forest. We've hiked and camped the BBT, but I've never done the CDT. He has, but never in the mindset of a hanger. We will start at Kisatchie Bayou Campground and finish on the BBT, and take our time over 3 days/2 nights. From the maps, it looks like the area around the waterfall would be a good stopping point. There don't seem to be any pictures online, or videos, of the waterfall, which leads me to believe the waterfall is uninteresting at best. I enjoy as scenic a camp as I can get, anyone have an opinion on that particular spot? Do you know of a better spot to hang +/- a mile from the waterfall?

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    We will no longer take the Caroline Dorman Trail, our plan is to spend one night on the Backbone Trail and the next night on the High Ridge Trail. I'm curious if there are established camps on the High Ridge?

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tstark View Post
    We will no longer take the Caroline Dorman Trail, our plan is to spend one night on the Backbone Trail and the next night on the High Ridge Trail. I'm curious if there are established camps on the High Ridge?
    Not much to see on the high Ridge Trail. I've hiked it a few years ago. Just an old logging road straight and flat. When you get towards the end there are a few hills but no creeks or water that I can remember.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    Not much to see on the high Ridge Trail. I've hiked it a few years ago. Just an old logging road straight and flat. When you get towards the end there are a few hills but no creeks or water that I can remember.
    That's unfortunate. Since my friend and I are spending two nights on the BBT, we will do some exploring. Maybe we'll find an old abandoned campsite, used by one of the many outlaws that used to hideout in that area. I'll be sure to post the coordinates of anything interesting we find on the HRT.

The topo map shows some water source at the end of the trail and down the hill.

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tstark View Post
    That's unfortunate. Since my friend and I are spending two nights on the BBT, we will do some exploring. Maybe we'll find an old abandoned campsite, used by one of the many outlaws that used to hideout in that area. I'll be sure to post the coordinates of anything interesting we find on the HRT.

The topo map shows some water source at the end of the trail and down the hill.
    There maybe be at the end. I stopped before. I got into a clear cut area and was starting to wonder if I was still on public land. Didn't look like much reason to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts