Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstove View Post
    I find just after the Labour Day Weekend to be the best camping of the season (next to dead of winter but that's just me). Kids are back in school and just a few very friendly and quiet seniors are enjoy the outdoors.
    For us in Huntsville the kids have been in school for almost a month and the area lakes are nice as families get busy with extra curricular activities making room for us that are beyond those times. I wish it would just cool a bit.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    My original plan was to camp/hang during the holiday weekend, but my 86 year old grandparents called and said they want us to take them up to Michigan's upper peninsula that weekend. When grandma asks a favor, I'm more than happy to oblige! Besides, I'm always looking for an excuse to head up there.

All of you have a good holiday weekend and be safe!
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    I'll be south of you in Kings Canyon. Solo 3 nights 46 miles. I'm doing Rae Lakes Loop.. Can't wait to get out, cool temp! Trying out my new LL 20 UQ!

Hammock
    DIY Robic 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    UGQ/DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie/straps
    Images
    I will be up at the family property for a possible five days that weekend! For the 4th of July holiday I think that there were about 15 people and maybe a dozen hammocks up.

Property May 16.jpg

We even built a new shower!

Shower.JPG

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snydman View Post
    I'll be south of you in Kings Canyon. Solo 3 nights 46 miles. I'm doing Rae Lakes Loop.. Can't wait to get out, cool temp! Trying out my new LL 20 UQ!
    Nice I've been eyeballing that UQ. Let me know how it works out for ya. Hoping to get a hold of some downy (or even synthetic) goodness soon. In the meantime, I'm still rocking the Big Agnes insulated air pad.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoutmaster1056 View Post
    I will be up at the family property for a possible five days that weekend! For the 4th of July holiday I think that there were about 15 people and maybe a dozen hammocks up.

Property May 16.jpg

We even built a new shower!

Shower.JPG
    Nice setup there with the outdoor shower. This may be a silly question, but how do you fill that drum on top?
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    We'll be spending the long weekend kayak camping on the Allegheny River in PA. Many of the islands are designated Federal "wilderness" areas, which means free campsites with virtually guaranteed privacy. Can't wait!
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    First of all, I'm glad that it's coming up on Labor Day.... that means some cooler temps in theory.... I'll be headed to Cook Forest State Park in PA next weekend to hang out with some friends. It'll be packed and that's generally not my scene but I can't turn down a chance to hang. Plus, the hiking is fantastic in that area. This weekend I'm headed to Tracy Ridge Campground in the Allegheny NF in NW PA. Forecasted low of 55 tonight. Can't wait for that.

Hammock
    DIY Robic 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    UGQ/DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Nice setup there with the outdoor shower. This may be a silly question, but how do you fill that drum on top?
    There is a well with a hand pump nearby so right now we fill jugs and then fill the barrel. My son and a bunch of his buddies are usually around so they make quick work of filling the barrel, plus they are younger than me. Eventually I want to be able to just pump the water into the barrel when needed but I haven't had time to work on it. Too many other projects to work on!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG cf w/ doors 12'
    Insulation
    EE TQ
    Suspension
    WB buckles
    Love that outdoor shower!

Looks like I have to work a short bit on Labor Day weekend, so I have to stick around town. Wow, can't believe the summer flew by. I only got two solo camping trips in this summer--all pre-hammock. I have to do better--working too much.

Now, the weekend following Labor Day I'm taking Ms. Dweckster on her first camping trip ever (we've only been married 3 years). Well, she went to sleepaway camp as a kid. We're doing car camping, a/k/a "glamping," to get her introduced to this world. Using my old family 6 person tent from when my kids were little, an inflatable Coleman full-sized mattress (don't laugh, you tough guys and gals out there!) and going to drive in camp at Peninsula State Park up in Door County. I promised a good breakfast, so bringing my vintage Coleman two burner stove. Kickin' it old school. I might dig out my old classic Coleman lantern, too. That hiss and light reminds me of being a kid, you know?

The wife is tougher than I am (hard core runner) but we agreed this will be a good intro for her. We'll pack a day bag with our little ENO hammocks, lunch, and wander around the trails--great trails up there--and set up little mini camps for a couple of hours of lunch and relaxing in the hammocks. I predict she'll love it. I know I will. Cannot wait.

Got a short, easy hike-in trip planned with the son (16 yro) in early October, and then I'm heading up to Newport State Park by myself at the end of October for a few nights.

Dan

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast