Hammock
    Trekk Lite, Enos Double
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY - Costco
    Suspension
    DIY- whoopie sling
    A walking foot attaches in place of the foot (dah) but it differs from normal feet in that the foot moves back and forth with the feed dogs. WP_20160817_09_38_52_Pro.jpg

Once attached it pinches the fabric between it and the feed dogs and moves the fabric under the needle.WP_20160817_09_40_13_Pro.jpg

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    Looks very nice!
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Honestly I had to search it out on YouTube to really get the picture. But thank you for sharing!
    I wish I'd had one of these on this last silnylon project!
    The good news is my hex 12 is merely a few hours away from completion if all goes as I expect.
    The trick is finding those few hours. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I definitely need a walking foot !!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Clark Tropical
    Tarp
    A big one
    Insulation
    CCF and down bag
    Suspension
    rope and knots
    Be proud!!!
    They are not mistakes, they are learning and experience is he best teacher though not the cheapest.
    I had an instructor say "material ruined is directly proportional to experience and skill gained".
    The more that I DIY, the more respect I have for manufactures.
    I'm sure you will be more proud of this tarp than anything you could lay $150 down on. I now see repaired kit and DIY projects compared to tailor made like comparing scars to tattoos. Both can be cool but anyone can lay down money for ink. You gota be there to get scared.
    YMMV

Sam

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    looks good enough to me and the main thing is if it works it's a success

Hammock
    Diy DL Asym with bugnet
    Tarp
    Diy winter tarp
    Insulation
    Diy quilts
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpdm21 View Post
    Ok so maybe a winter tarp was to ambitious for a 3rd project. But I think even with its flaws it will work great.Attachment 135325Attachment 135326

One thing I did change was the tree attachment. I didn't like running my am steel around the rough bark so I used some generic straps from Dicks. Attachment 135327

I would encourage anyone to make your own equipment if you like to though. Even with the mistakes I am still proud of my first big project and I know the experience will make my next work out even better. Still not sure how I got one of the support patches on the wrong side tho. Attachment 135328Attachment 135329

Gotta love Dutch bling, Attachment 135330
    What is the Dutch Bling that your referring to? I can't tell from the picture except I'm guessing it has something to do with not having to use a prusik knot?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Trekk Lite, Enos Double
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY - Costco
    Suspension
    DIY- whoopie sling
    Didn't get good pics if them I guess. I used 2 Dutch hooks and 1 freeze. And also got the continuous amsteel ridgeline and zing it for the continuous loops from him also.WP_20160815_19_34_13_Pro.jpg

Hammock
    Diy DL Asym with bugnet
    Tarp
    Diy winter tarp
    Insulation
    Diy quilts
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpdm21 View Post
    Didn't get good pics if them I guess. I used 2 Dutch hooks and 1 freeze. And also got the continuous amsteel ridgeline and zing it for the continuous loops from him also.WP_20160815_19_34_13_Pro.jpg
    Awesome I'll check those things out. The hooks I've heard of but not the freeze. Thank you. By the way, great job on the tarp. I've been sitting on materials for my own winter tarp for quite some time now. I've been procrastinating out of fear of messing things up but I just need to get her done. I know just take my time and practice on some scraps and all that. It's more the fact I just wanted to have all my research and plan of action in place. Seeing posts like yours really helps with motivation.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Trekk Lite, Enos Double
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY - Costco
    Suspension
    DIY- whoopie sling
    Sorry my phone auto corrected for me. They are called tarp flyz. https://www.dutchwaregear.com/tarp-and-quilt-stuff/. I can have my tarp in and adjusted in just a few minutes. Will come in real handy when its about to rain or already raining on the trail.
    Just jump in and get after your projects. Like I said my sewing was not great and I messed up several things but it works great. I made a couple ridgeline organizers and a stake sack before I did the tarp. I am about to start on my 1.1 DL WBBB clone hammock next. One thing I did do though to help with my sewing skills was to make my wife a couple simple skirts. She had been after me to make her something and I figured working with a actual pattern would mean it would be fairly easy, and it was. It gave me a lot of practice sewing with materials that didn't want to slide on me constantly and were a whole lot easier to take stitches out of when I made a mistake. And she loves them and the look good.... kinda killed two birds with one stone with that one. Now she isn't harping on me for working on my stuff so much

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast