Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I have this Klymit pillow and love it. I liked it so much I bought two of them. It packs down to about the size of a lighter yet inflates to about 12X12. I inflate it about 15-20% and it's very comfortable in my hammock. I bought them from Massdrop at 50% off.

Hammock
    Too many to list here.
    Tarp
    UGQ Hex Hanger 12
    Insulation
    HG and AHE UQ/TQs
    Suspension
    DIY short whoopies
    I think it's a matter of preference in terms of how high you like your head to be raised when you sleep. I for example use a thin pillow at home in my own bed. In my hammock, because it's already at an incline I don't use a pillow, I find that the angle of the hammock is enough for me.

My girlfriend on the other hand uses a small camping pillow in her hammock and at home she uses a thicker pillow than mine.

So all that is to say that you should try a few different options and find what's right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Backpacking trips in the tropical jungles of Latin America... Exploring our living planet from within...
    http://www.jungletreks.com

Hammock
    DIY Black Mamba or Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY Hex or WB Edge
    Insulation
    BanditTQ PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I absolutely love using my TETON Sports Camp Pillow in my hammock. I have nicer pillows but this thing is small enough that it sits comfortably under my head without causing any discomfort. It's certainly one of the luxury items I carry along with me... It even has a removable pillow case that you can throw in the wash after a trip.

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    I developed a dedicated pillow for the hammock, i vall it the Stuffpillow: it starts with something like 5-7' paracord in a channel on a soft breathable stuffsack anchored to the head-end CL, clove hiched after 2-3' depeneding on where your head lays, the onlynproblem i had was that nothing kept the fluffiness right for me. I didnt have enough bean bag beans (fiddly to get it right and messy) regular pillow fluff didnt hold shape well enough, and i didnt have memory foam to chunk up into small pieces to try that. When i had enough bean bag beans it was nice. Now, i just use a shemagh stretched corner to corner like a triangle then folded 5 equal times for under my neck. Works like a charm. Plus, a shemagh is totally a handy piece of gear, i use one (with some shock cord loops klhiemheist[sp] hitched to my srl) for a mini gear hammock. Holds the boots/slippers for switching easily. And an additional shemagh for if it gets cold around my melon lol.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzz View Post
    I tried the memory foam travel pillow and had a similar experience, so I returned it. I use an inflatable horseshoe shaped travel pillow from ikea for $6. I only inflate it about 1/4...just enough to support my neck. Works great for me. On occassion I also use a regular pillow, but I removed about 1/2 the stuffing.
    +1. The partially inflated pillow self adjust for side or back sleeping for me. Another plus is the deflated pillow packs up flat.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

My entry : Sierra Designs DriDown Pillow. 5.8 Oz. Of Downy Awesomeness

https://sierradesigns.com/dridown-pillow/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I found that for me, a small down pillow works best. By far. I tried an inflatable and a couple of synthetic pillows and all felt too high and inflexible. I'm using the Western Mountaineering Cloudrest down pillow, and it's the perfect size and provides the perfect amount of support. I don't think you'll find any one pillow that works perfectly in the hammock AND on the ground or for travelling. It will always be a compromise. When I have to sleep on the ground or want to use it on the plane / train / automobile, I usually put something bigger under it. On the ground, my backpack can provide the correct height. While travelling I often use my jacket or other clothing (sometimes in a stuff sack) under the pillow. That works well enough for me. I have also used it as additional body insulation when I had to sit through a flight where the A/C was turned up way to high. I simply stuffed it under my jacket.

Hammock
    Tribe Provision
    Tarp
    UST 2.0 Tube Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    +1. The partially inflated pillow self adjust for side or back sleeping for me. Another plus is the deflated pillow packs up flat.
    +2 on the inflatable. It works perfect for me about a 1/4 inflated.

Hammock
    11' Robic XL
    Tarp
    HG 11' Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I love the Nemo Fillo. I use it flat, just memory foam, in the hammock. I inflate it for anywhere else and it is amazing for that too

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Thermarest pillow sack. It's my clean clothes bag by day. Turn it inside out to expose the fleece lining and stuff with the same clothes and it's my pillow at night.

I don't secure it in the hammock. I toss it in the storage tray of my WBBB for entry and exit and I sleep so soundly in the hammock I don't move, so it doesn't slide around.

Sent from East of Montauk
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast