Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Snugpak jungle blanket UQ

I finished my first diy sewing project last night... jungle blanket into UQ. Instead of adding fabric to make channels after folding in half, I just made them directly in the blanket itself. Same with the short ends. Started with 3/8 shock cord for the CL but switched to 1/4 today BC the UQ is just too heavy and it sagged quite a bit all night. Kept the 3/8 for the short ends to sinch it up tho. We had terential rain last night and I was worried about it getting wet, I but I stayed dry under the Snugpak 10x10 all weather shelter. I even had it pitched in porch mode BC I forgot to lower it before it started pouring. Overall I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Beings that I live on the water it got vary windy last night during the storm and got down to about 62°or so by 5am when thunder woke me up. I couldn't feel any cold spots really even tho its not a full length quilt. I just had the Snugpak TQ on me inside in shorts and a tee. I'm only 5'7 and it covered me from neck to feet pretty well. I'm sure I'll have to add either a down throw on top of it or maybe some sort of pod/cocoon this winter to get me down to lower temps. But for a 3 season mild temp UQ I think it will work vary well on its own.. Today I'll be switching from paracord CL's on my hammock to whoopie slings. I got new tree staps yesterday from Walmart. Just 12' 1/12" webbing. Held me fine last night. I'll post pics today of the UQ and whoppie slings after I get them on.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Nice job!! I cheated and had a friend of mine who's a sewing wizard knock out the mods for me. I used much smaller shock cord than you so I really have to cinch everything tight to keep it in place. I bought a snugpak "under blanket" back around Xmas too. It's got kind of the same problem....heavy synthetic insulation.

Hammock
    Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    I have the snugpak underquilt as well. Definitely heavy, but built like a tank and warm. Not top of the line but a good value for the price.
    " No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Since I changed out the shock cord from 3/8 to 1/4 it sits a lot higher now with less sag. If I have to add additional insulation on top of it ( ie a down throw or similar) I'd def have to add a secondary suspension BC its just soooo heavy. I don't think my channels are big enough to go much thicker on the cord. I do wanna get either a Snugpak, DD UQ or the Snugpak cocoon to add to this in colder temps. I think this alone is a good mild 3 season quilt. If it can get me to the 40's I'd be happy.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Winter temps here can be crazy. And being on the Chesapeake bay puts me in a weird weather black hole lol. Its vary humid in the summer and all over the place in the winter. Normal lows between teens and 30's. It dips into the single digits for short stints with negative wind chills common at night here at the head of the bay. I def need solid wind protection under me. I plan on using the usgi patrol bag suplimented with snugpak TQ on top. I hope this thing does it's job under me!

Hammock
    Modified cheep nylon hammock
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    Images
    what is the weight of this?

• + New Posts