Minnesota New Member

Greetings community,

I am a male currently living in Burnsville, MN and have been camping as long as I can remember. I got into back packing about 6 years ago cutting my teeth on the SHT. I lived in Colorado for a couple years and have done numerous solo trips in the Rockies. I moved back to MN and am interested in meeting people who frequent the SHT. If you are like minded or know of any SHT group hangs get in touch! My longest outting is one week, but am considering a longer thru hike at some point before I get too much older.

I'm 40 and a financial professional when not in the back country. I'm not trying to do more than 10 miles in a day.

I have long been a ground camper, but last year I hiked with a hammocker, and I have since sworn off my tent. I have been geeking out on Shug videos and have collected an assortment of Dutchwares. I have a couple hammocks already, one a foxoutfitters with an adjustable Ridgeline and bug net. The other is blackbird. I've made the leap to an under quilt, and will be acquiring a top quilt soon. Winter tarps are on wish list. Anyways...

I really think the hammock community is neat, and again am interested in hanging on the SHT. Thanks to all who post tips, tricks, and share hammock and gear info.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Welcome to the forums from Marietta GA. Never been that far north but would love to some day. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Greetings fellow Minnesotan!
    Sht1976

I will definitely be looking for people in the area to hang with. I have not been to the SHT but I have only lived in MN a few years (Wisconsinite). I have been camping and backbacking most of my life and am a few years out of college and just getting to acquire all of my own gear to do backpacking on my own without the borrowing of my gear eccentric older brother's stuff. I am just switching to hammocks and should have all I need by the end of August for some fall trips.

I would be very interested in heading up to the SHT.

While I am quite a bit younger, 25, I tend to be called older in my personality and life interests than most of my drunken lazy peers. I work for a small work comp insurance company in Bloomington. Since I don't have many years in, week long trips may not work for me but I can do 3-5 dayers.

Keep me on your list for trip opportunities. I only have one stipulation for trips, I have to drive (for some reason I get car sick really easily, not sure what the deal is with that but I enjoy driving so usually not an issue for people, plus I have a nice comfy truck with plenty of space for a bunch of people and gear)

Happy to see you on here and looking forward to some future trips!

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Greetings and Welcome. I'm up on the SHT all the time since it's just across the lake. I don't go that often mid summer but hit it heavy in the spring and fall.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    Welcome from the Land of Cheese and Beer!
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I was born in Minnesota and have a ton of my mom's side of the family still in Northern Minnesota. Glad to see you on the forum!
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Krazy Hammock
    Tarp
    ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome to the forum! I'm also a new member from TN. Never been to MN, unless you count landing in St. Paul, but I never left the airport, so I don't count it, but it's on my list. I want to walk across the Mississippi. Maybe do some hammock camping nearby.

• + New Posts