DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by settworthy View Post
    That's great they can all run around together.
    My dog is really stand offish tool he gets to know the other dog
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    ENO
    Insulation
    Klymit Static V
    Suspension
    Climbing Stuff
    RE: Meals, do you folks like lamb, mushrooms? I can make a pretty good lamb ragu w/red wine over pasta

I'll bring TP, a big bottle of dish soap, and some extra trash bags. I think I successfully added that to the spreadsheet, but my phone gets a little weird with the spreadsheet app....

I scanned through some more gear threads today, I think I might take the plunge ~ commit to hammocking for the weekend and dare to leave my trusted tent at home. I'm excited. I hope it snows!
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
    - Mary Oliver

Hammock
    WB XLC and RR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    W. Logics and UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Well, my football season is over so I think I'll be able to make this hang. My big question will be where I can park. If there is any snow I doubt my Elantra will make it back to Da Shack. Someone mentioned a farm house I could park at but I am not sure where it is at. I understand it is North of the drive for Da Shack, but not sure how far North, or if it is on the East or West side of the road. I don't want to get stuck, and I certainly don't want to park at the wrong house.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsnake View Post
    My big question will be where I can park. If there is any snow I doubt my Elantra will make it back to Da Shack. Someone mentioned a farm house I could park at but I am not sure where it is at. I understand it is North of the drive for Da Shack, but not sure how far North, or if it is on the East or West side of the road. I don't want to get stuck, and I certainly don't want to park at the wrong house.
    #1. Not looking too likely for any amount of snow.
    #2. My little 2 door Honda Civic could make the drive back, your Elentra will do just fine
    #3. I'll post some maps I made of how to get there. You only drive on the tractor path for *maybe* a quarter of a mile.
    #4. We all park on the hill. There will be plenty of room.
    #5. Note about parking - Tumbleweed created a car path (which isn't as steep as driving up the hill). This path is JUST to the left of a small grove of trees on the hill. If you have a car like mine (which is low to the ground) I suggest using this path.
    Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 11-21-2016 at 10:43.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Directions to DaShack:

For driving directions, I used "946 County Road T, Amherst Junction, WI 54407" That will get you close to the destination - to Highway T. (DaShack doesn't have an actual address.) The tractor path along side the field (shown in red) leads to DaShack and the entrance is RIGHT ACROSS from the Ice Age Trail - New Hope Segment trail head. The third picture shows a mini "hammock" & stand. Tumbleweed usually places that at the tractor trail entrance.

Here are a couple of maps to help guide you:

◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WIBackpacker View Post
    RE: Meals, do you folks like lamb, mushrooms? I can make a pretty good lamb ragu w/red wine over pasta

I'll bring TP, a big bottle of dish soap, and some extra trash bags. I think I successfully added that to the spreadsheet, but my phone gets a little weird with the spreadsheet app....

I scanned through some more gear threads today, I think I might take the plunge ~ commit to hammocking for the weekend and dare to leave my trusted tent at home. I'm excited. I hope it snows!
    Knock yourself out, the lamb sounds delicious. It will get eaten, I'm sure!

If you think you'll need great let us know. Usually a few extras around. Snow would be good!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsnake View Post
    Well, my football season is over so I think I'll be able to make this hang. My big question will be where I can park. If there is any snow I doubt my Elantra will make it back to Da Shack. Someone mentioned a farm house I could park at but I am not sure where it is at. I understand it is North of the drive for Da Shack, but not sure how far North, or if it is on the East or West side of the road. I don't want to get stuck, and I certainly don't want to park at the wrong house.
    HI, Tumbleweed here as host:
    The original homestead lawn is available for parking. It is capable of parking about 8 to 10 cars. Location is about one city block north of the road to the shack. East side of the road (Highway T). The field is frozen alfalfa, and depending upon snow depth we may have unlimited parking opportunities. The will be a few 4WD vehicles available too. I expect that even 2WD cars will be able to drive directly up to Da Shack, but cannot know snow depth at this time. Anyone with questions can call my cell 715-572-5342 or home phone 715-677-3143. Also, call my cell if when you get here if you desire assistance. I'll be there 4U.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    I have the homestead lawn mowed, and a sign "IAT Parking" there. There are no buildings at the homestead anymore, and a long interesting story regarding their demise. Bonfire Tales.

Hammock
    WB XLC and RR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    W. Logics and UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Thank you both. I'm looking forward to making it up. I've had to fight hard at home to keep that weekend clear for me.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Extended forecast doesn't look good for those who want snow for this hang:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USWI0339:1:US

But it does look like good traveling weather!

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast