Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Woodsman View Post
    Uh oh. Beware fellas, from what I've heard from Michigandave's past hiking partners, swimsuits are optional!
    Hey, when your hot and sweaty, you gotta do what you gotta do, even if it is April. Since this is car camping weekend, I didn't need to save ounces anyway being a gram weenie (pun intended) . Looking forward to getting out and enjoying a weekend at the lake.
    Last edited by michigandave; 07-15-2016 at 06:58.

Hi, how is everyone? Couple questions. Is this an open hang? Are there any requirements other than bring your gear?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by closh75 View Post
    Hi, how is everyone? Couple questions. Is this an open hang? Are there any requirements other than bring your gear?

Welcome to the forums!

From my experience, if the hang is posted on here, it's opened to all. ;-)

Thinking I might keep turkey company Thursday night before moving on to my paddling trip Friday midday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by closh75 View Post

Welcome to the forums. Group hangs are just a way for people to get together with a common interest and hang out, see a variety of gear in action and learn from each other. So, to answer your question, they are always open. A lot of us get together a couple times a year for other hangs we organize (Gluttony Hang in November and Green Timbers in February). Just bring your gear and a chair, food/snacks/beverages and maybe a bundle of firewood. If you feel like bringing food to share, go for it. I don't think anyone will complain and I'm sure it will get eaten (bacon is always a hit). Hope you can make it!

Right on. I'm pretty new to hammock camping/hiking. I've taken a few trips with my best friend who is an avid hammock guy and outdoorsman. Still working on finding a gear comfort level, as to what I like and don't like. I currently have 2 hennessey hammocks, I forget which model, however I have the fair weather and cold weather version. I'm ex-Infantry, so I'm no stranger to the outdoors, however I am a newbie In backpacking/hammock camping. Lucky for me, I'm a quick study.

First of all, thank you for your service. Figuring out what you like and don't like before you purchase is a bonus. That's why group hangs are so helpful. I learned so much after I went to my first one. Since this one is carcamping, I know I'll bring extra gear to play with or loan out if someone needs it.

Thank you. Carcampimg will definitely give me a chance to try out some different gear I have.

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I was told that there is walleye in the lake.

Walleye? Going to show us your technique like you did with the trout at the Jordan?

Looks like I'm for a Thursday early evening arrival. I'm planning to bring a noah12 to use as a dining fly plus an extra folding camping table. There are picnic tables at the site. For group food, I'm doing my famous sausage gravy and cornbread for breakfast & a lunch/or dinner of buffalo chicken mac and cheese. Reminder to Turkey to bring the dutch oven. If anyone can bring a bundle of wood or two, it would be of help.

I haven't looked at the extended weather, but I know we've got some 90 degree temps on the way to Michigan this weekend. Either way, it should be nice and according to my contact at the Pigeon River State Forest, the ticks situation has calmed down quite a bit from last month, so that's a plus.

It shouldn't be too hard to find our group....just look for the hammocks. Please post if you're planning on attending
    Last edited by michigandave; 07-20-2016 at 11:29.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'll be in around 9:15 Thursday.

- Noah 12 just in case but Dave seems to have the same idea so we're covered there.
    - Beer, water, hotdogs, brats, buns, paper plates, foam bowls, spoons, chili, potato chips, ketchup. This won't be a ton to feed a dozen people, but a good start. I rarely car camp, and I'm usually solo, so I'm not real sure what to bring and how much.
    - Coleman propane stove
    - 8-cup coffee peculator for each morning. I'm assuming everyone would do their own coffee to their specific tastes, at their desired time, so I won't be offended if you don't drink any. It's just something I never use backpacking so I thought it would be nice.

I would bring some AMAZING hardwoods from a cherry tree my friend just cut down, but with the firewood ban I better pass. Too bad, because this stuff burns slow but with with a lot of flame and little smoke.

The weatherman in me has remained quiet, but since Dave brought it up I'll just say it's looking good for July Thankfully it's not this HOT weekend coming up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast