Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Are you planning on bringing the dutch oven and wow us with your culinary skills?
    You know it. I had it out yesterday for a beef roast. That might be a good one to redo for this trip. image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Christo456 View Post
    You know it. I had it out yesterday for a beef roast. That might be a good one to redo for this trip. image.jpg
    This hang is quickly going down the path of our tradional Gluttony Hang. Bring on the bacon

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Spoke with Turkey on the phone this morning. Sounds like we have a good plan for getting in there to grab sites. Going to spray some clothes and hammock with permethrin. Then find some of my car camping stuff I haven't used in a long time. The lake sounds like a nice place to take a dunk and cool off too!

Hammock
    DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    I've never been there before. Is it worth bringing the kayak and fishing gear?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I've never been there before. Is it worth bringing the kayak and fishing gear?
    I'm bringing mine. Probably just some quick bass fishing with spinner baits. All the reports I see online say it isn't very good fishing. But I don't really care, it's just fun as long as I get a few bites. KP Lake nearby sounds good so I may hit that on my way out; I don't want to be a recluse and leave camp too much though

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Your killing with that beef roast, man that looks delicious. I will be at the campground Thursday evening after work.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm not promising anything since I may get too busy/lazy, but I may bring some chili. My wife makes fun of me for eating that in the summer because it's "too hot for that". But I don't get the reasoning there; food is food. I like to make it and then freeze it solid in a 1-gallon ziploc bag. Dump it in a pot and reheat over a fire. Fast and easy!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Looks great! I might need that recipe.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    It's been pretty quiet in Michigan, since fall & winter are when most of the group hangs occur. A couple of us were talking (Turkey & Squirrelbait) and decided to get together the end of the month at Jones Lake for a car camp weekend. Turkey did some recon work a few weeks ago and gave it his seal of approval. He'll make another trip out there to get some site numbers and determine where basecamp will be. There are 42 rustic sites that are $13/night. First come, first serve and some of the sites have a view of the lake. There are multiple rustic toilets and water pumps.

Turkey's planning on arriving sometime Friday and I'll be rolling in early evening. Everyone's responsible for their own food, but we'll see how much interest there is, so maybe we can do some group meals. Plus, it's easy enough to run out to the store since Fredric & Grayling aren't too far away. I'd also recommend bringing a bundle or two of firewood, since the DNR cleaned up the campground by removing the dead & diseased trees.

This is basically just a weekend to hang out and enjoy some time with friends around the campfire. We're also looking at Jones as the new location for our November Gluttony Hang, so this will help our decision. Jones Lake is also an easy drive and only 7 miles east of I-75 at the Lewiston/Fredric exit. So, come one, come all and and enjoy a weekend in the woods of northern Michigan!

DNR link to campground: http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandt...=SFCG#overview
    I'm new to Michigan, so I'm not sure how far that is from me. I'm in the Lansing area. Got a travel estimate?

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Ramen View Post
    I'm new to Michigan, so I'm not sure how far that is from me. I'm in the Lansing area. Got a travel estimate?
    I'd say a little over 2hr depending on where you're at. Easy, straight-shot drive.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast