Hammock
    Beard 5 O'clock shadow XL
    Tarp
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    Working on this...
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Mine took three weeks to get to me. I know Mike has had some issues but my hammock showed up and the quality was great! Let me know how it works out. Hopefully it get to you soon.

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks" -John Muir

Hammock
    11' Circle Beard
    Insulation
    GI poncho liner
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dshoemaker View Post
    Mine took three weeks to get to me. I know Mike has had some issues but my hammock showed up and the quality was great! Let me know how it works out. Hopefully it get to you soon.

He seems like a good guy, so I'm not sweatin' it all that much. I'll let everyone know about the Circle Beard when it gets here.
    When pixie dust fails, LowTekk will get you home.

Hammock
    Beard 5 O'clock shadow XL
    Tarp
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    Working on this...
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTekk View Post
    He seems like a good guy, so I'm not sweatin' it all that much. I'll let everyone know about the Circle Beard when it gets here.
    I would order from him again for sure.

Hammock
    11' Circle Beard
    Insulation
    GI poncho liner
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Images
    Still alive over here, lol. Five weeks in and still no hammock. I'll wait another week and see what happens, but to be perfectly honest, this is starting to piss me off.

Perhaps the language I used in the last sentence was a bit strong, but I'm already dealing with someone else who promised to do a job and was paid part of the agreed upon amount, yet three months in and the job remains undone. It's hard not to wonder if I'm getting hosed under these circumstances, but as I said last night, I'll give it another week out of courtesy.
    Last edited by LowTekk; 08-09-2016 at 16:38. Reason: cooler head

Hammock
    11' Circle Beard
    Insulation
    GI poncho liner
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Images
    Finally, after all this time, the Circle Beard has arrived! It's a bit heavier than I anticipated, but considering the upgraded suspension could be used to tow a house, it's not surprising. I'm waiting for a break in the weather so I can set it up in the back yard. Thirty Five days from initial order to hammock on the porch, but I can already tell it was worth the wait. Weather permitting, I hope to have a few pictures up by this evening.

Hammock
    WildHorn Outfitters
    Tarp
    Walkabout Rain Fly
    Insulation
    LLG Cayenne Pepper
    Suspension
    Webbing and Buckle
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy it!

Hammock
    11' Circle Beard
    Insulation
    GI poncho liner
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Images

Cool

Thanks Hambone. Looks like the infamous Tampa post orifice sat on it four days before seeing fit to let it ship, but then again, that's not Bearded Hanger's doing. Lazy dogs held up an Amazon purchase of mine for nine days awhile back. Despite all the delays, the moment I opened the box and saw the stitching on the stuff sacks, I knew it was worth the wait. Looks like they've got somebody with OCD on the sewing machine, 'cause there wasn't a single stitch out of place. Take that ChiComs!

Update: The weather cleared long enough for me to test out the Circle Beard.

IMG_20160810_175908.jpgIMG_20160810_175008.jpgIMG_20160810_175002.jpgIMG_20160810_175917.jpg

It's kinda tricky to get out of when you've got a rather large spare tire, but man oh man is it comfortable! When I hit that diagonal lay, it cradled and tensioned my back in just the right places and just the right ways, making it almost impossible to get up again until I started feeling rain drops. Now if anyone can tell me how to actually get out of it without feeling like a contortionist, I'm all set!
    Last edited by LowTekk; 08-10-2016 at 18:29. Reason: Update

Hammock
    11' Circle Beard
    Insulation
    GI poncho liner
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Images
    The computer gods were angry that I've invested in a new hobby! My laptop, a 2006 model Inspiron 1525 had video problems that were wreaking all kinds of havoc, and it took me awhile to figure out whether or not it was the chipset. Luckily, it was only memory-related, but the bald spot got bigger, and because I have a lot of bills, not to mention a serious need to add to my gear, I've been outta the loop for awhile. Well pack yo gear for a road trip fellas, 'cause the infamous LowTekk is back! The Little Chattahoochee Hang is still on if ya wanna sign up by the 15th, and dinner plans have been upgraded to pot luck status with a 70% chance of hobos waiting in my fire ring. If you're interested, roll on by the "Testing the waters for a Southeast Alabama Hang" thread and sign the guest list so I can reserve your camp sites. Believe me, you'll not only be helping out a noobie, but the camping fees go to a nice little park run by a good Christian couple.
    Last edited by LowTekk; 09-05-2016 at 07:06.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123