Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

superfly or cloudburst for the RidgeRunner?

WBRR and a tarp is in my cart...I'm about to hit the buy button and paused...I should've just hit it! Too many opinions...but I'd like to hear them again,,, and i know you guys love talking about it!

I know the Cloudburst is kind of taylored for the WBRR but the Superfly is just so dang super that it works great for the WBRR.

I love the ability to close off the SFly with it's door giving me a cold weather and windy snug-ness.

I love the wideness and simplicity of the CB.

Gimme your thoughts please.

I'm not going to say which tarp i have in my shopping cart. Too bad i can't just buy both

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    I am in the same quandary. Leaning towards Cloudburst (designed for Ridgerunner) and the door kit. When watching hammock videos it seems that doors are not required/used 95% of the time. The door kit would provide flexibility in deciding what gear to carry based on season and forecast. Just waiting for the new camo pattern before pulling trigger.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar6 View Post
    I am in the same quandary. Leaning towards Cloudburst (designed for Ridgerunner) and the door kit. When watching hammock videos it seems that doors are not required/used 95% of the time. The door kit would provide flexibility in deciding what gear to carry based on season and forecast. Just waiting for the new camo pattern before pulling trigger.
    I didn't do my research good enough then because i didnt realize you could add a door kit to the CB. mmm i'll revisit their website to check into that

I went SF. Glad I did. Doors get used mostly for wind block rather than rain. Most others Ive been out eith whove had a ridgerunner have had superflys as well. Was actually a reason for the surge in pole mods.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I went with a tarp with doors for year round use. The newer materials are so light that the doors are hardly noticeable and I simply tie them back when not in use.

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Simply Light Designs - Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    I've only had my Superfly for this season and I've gone on 6 trips with it so far and love it! An added bonus is that with the superfly, if for some reason I had to go to the ground, it makes a pretty good tarp-tent.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    I prefer the Cloudburst. Not because of the added weight of the doors on the Superfly, but because of the extra fabric and tie-outs that you have to fuss with. When necessary, you can always add a door kit to the Cloudburst.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    It's obvious that I can't go wrong either way.
    So the Ridgerunner and SuperFly is purchased...material is being unrolled, stiches are being placed in the correct locations, TLC is being put into the spreader bars, and soon I will be sleeping in a suspended swinging air bed watching the creepy crawlies below beg to get in.
    The thing is I can also use the superfly with the Dutch hammocks if desired (not that I couldn't use the cloudburst)
    Decisions...

Thanks for advice! Be looking for a report with pictures and videos!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    To add to your confusion - check out the Old Man Winter by Wilderness Logics. They have a version that is 13 ft long (156 inches) This can be important for a Ridge Runner because two suspension lines come off each end. At each end, the lines come together at a apex connector and the suspension continues from there as a single line. A shorter tarp will cover the hammock, but the suspension lines coming off the spreader bars can keep the doors from closing somewhat. That said, if it was a major issue, the SuperFly/Ridge Runner pair wouldn't be as popular as it is. So looks like your choices will work - but the OMW has it completely covered.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    To add to your confusion - check out the Old Man Winter by Wilderness Logics. They have a version that is 13 ft long (156 inches) This can be important for a Ridge Runner because two suspension lines come off each end. At each end, the lines come together at a apex connector and the suspension continues from there as a single line. A shorter tarp will cover the hammock, but the suspension lines coming off the spreader bars can keep the doors from closing somewhat. That said, if it was a major issue, the SuperFly/Ridge Runner pair wouldn't be as popular as it is. So looks like your choices will work - but the OMW has it completely covered.
    Now why did you have to go do that??? LOL
    I looked it up and yea it's a great looking tarp, no doubt!
    I know the superfly will not close all the way on the wbrr, but that's ok for I live. Will probably never see below 20 degrees. Plus that tarp will work for my Dutch hammocks if I want to use one of them.

I just came to the conclusion that there are so many options out there I just have to try one. Can't wait to Receive it and try the bridge hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast