Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I tie a small loop in one end of my ridgeline, attach carabiner "A" to loop, attach same carabiner "A" to my tarp, run line around tree, running line thru same carabiner "A" to create classic V, over tarp to other tree. Carabiner "B" attached to other side of tarp, line thru carabiner "B", around tree, back thru carabiner "B" making V on this side. At this point I pull it tight and can move the whole tarp back and forth with one hand to line it up over my hammock, then tie it off with a "slippery" half hitch. Wish I had a good picture of it, dead simple.

20160423_080842.jpg20160423_080902.jpg20160326_190810.jpg

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    I use a line under the tarp and two prusiks to hold the tarp in place over the hammock. Line around the first tree tied with some kind of slippery hitch, then runs under the tarp and to the second tree, tightened with a trucker's hitch or similar. To secure the tarp to the line, there is a prusik on the line with a diamond knot at the end. Another prusik with diamond knot on the end of the tarp. I use the prusik on the tarp as if it were a soft shackle (loop it through the other prusik, then larks head it to itself). The whole setup can be slid along the line and tightened and loosened as needed by sliding the prusiks.

Hammock
    SLD's 12' Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Hand-sewn 12ft-er
    Insulation
    Hand-sewn down
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I use a pair of Flyz. But I have repurposed them a bit and created a minimalist style CRL. This shows how I changed things a bit. the yellow line is a 4-6in loop with a shock cord tensioner. It attaches to the tarp. One Flyz for either end of the tarp. The grey line is the CRL. It's just a long piece of lash it with stopper knots on the ends to keep the Flyz from getting lost. The Flyz still adjust and lock similarly to the standard way...except that the line that goes from the center hole and around the top of the Flyz is continues around and through the hook end (rather than the other hole). This makes adjustment much simpler, yet holds just as strong.

Once locked around the Flyz and through the hook, the line goes around the tree and back through the hook and then is locked in place under the Flyz wings.

This eliminates the need for any prussics or hooks and can be used under or over tarp. Personally, I prefer over tarp. I don't like lines rubbing on tarps...this could wear holes on fabric.

sent from the bush (forest) using my solar powered smartphone

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Honestly, I went back and forth for a couple weeks with this myself when I got my SF. In the end I went with the CRL from Dutch. Its simple and quick. Pick one up, see for yourself and start worrying about your next purchase.

http://www.dutchwaregear.com/continuous-ridgeline.html
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeeter Pro
    Tarp
    Hammock Bliss XL
    Insulation
    diy apex UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Just a beginner myself but I opted for this from arrowhead equipment.

http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...Carabiner.html

Taking it out for my second overnight hang test this weekend but after I remembered how I was suppose to get it setup it worked great the first time out.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Yes. The Dutch Hook is connected to the Lash-it CRL, goes around the tree and hooked onto the Lash-it. Then the other side goes thru and around the Fleaz to lock it in, around the tree, back around the Fleaz hook, tensioned and locked under the antenna(I don't know if fleas have wings).

This works well with the tarp over or under the CRL. I will do either depending on my mood and want to fiddle. And since I like to fiddle, I currently have the tarp connected via small S-biner to a small Zing-it constrictor about 3-4" long(the tail is a prussic to hold tension). Usually I just have a 4 wrap prussic.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    mod ENO DN
    Tarp
    Jackson custom
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ, EWCS bag
    Suspension
    Modified whoopies
    Images
    @jgray, I had done something like that in the past and want to stay away from the biners.
    @Burg54, I intend to make it all myself. I have the materials.
    @Mystery Oneal, G'Day and thanks for the excellent photos. That set up is pretty interesting. I never thought of using a pair of Flyz to not only attach the tarp but also act as tie outs. I use the under tarp ridgeline to hang gear from. I carry a bunch of loose prusiks to tie off gear for drying and stowage. Where I'm at we get a lot of rain and snow.

Research continues...
    Last edited by IckyTheGreat; 05-04-2016 at 07:01.
    Not all who wander are lost.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12