DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    These are the proposed changes to the WTB area which include the ADMIN/MOD team's input and changes based on the responses above. Please feel free to provide additional feedback.

Cut/Paste below this line----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want To Buy (WTB) guidelines
    1. There are no minimum post to participate in the 'Want To Buy (WTB)' sub forum.

2. Items in WTB must be related to outdoor gear.
    Excluded (cannot be bought or sold on HF)
    a) Fire arms, ammunition, or holsters for same
    b) Fishing, skiing, pulks, or any other sporting gear
    c) Electronic gear – if it requires power or batteries it cannot be sold on HF
    d) Automatic knives, butterfly knives and swords

3. A member may only have one (1) WTB thread active at any one time with no limit on the number of items in the thread. Once a member closes their thread they can then open another. If a member opens a 2nd thread, thereby having two threads active, both threads will be deleted.

4. Do not refer individuals to vendors for items they WTB. Only offer items that you personally own.

5. Do not post links to websites that offer referral bonuses or kickbacks.

6. When OP has found item, the must close the thread. Repeated failure to close a thread may result in loss of access to the Market Place.
    Closing, editing Prefix and moving your thread once your items are Found
    1. Open the Thread you created.
    2. In the top right just Above the thread click on ADMINISTRATIVE.
    3. Click on Close
    4. Click on Proceed.

7. No off topic discussions are allowed in WTB threads. Off topic discussion will be deleted at the moderator’s discretion. This includes but not limited to recommendations or reviews (good or bad) of items offered or chatter in the thread. Please limit conversations to offering the item or to ask/answer questions about the item the OP is requesting to purchase.

8. If PayPal is used you may not use the "Send money to family or friends" payments option. You must use the "Pay for goods or services" option.

9. Do not play "price police" and make a public post in another member's thread about where a product can be found at a lower price or comments that the seller’s price is high/low. A simple Private Message to the seller may be helpful, though.

10. OP must always post an "I'll Take It" in the thread where the seller is making their offer. This creates a public record of the intent, and officially claims the item.

11. Do not offer to purchase items if you are not the OP of the thread. The items being offered are for the purchase ONLY by the member opening the thread. All other offers to purchase will be removed.

12. Once an agreement has been reached, the buyer has 48 hours to submit payment to the seller. If funds aren't received in that time, the seller may rescind their offer to sell by posting in the thread.

13. When you post a new WTB thread, you will have to select a prefix Click on the area and select. This will automatically preface your thread with WTB: (thread title). You will not be able to post a new thread until the prefix is selected.

14 OP should bump the thread once per 7 days in order to keep it active. Threads not bumped may be removed by moderators as being inactive with no prior notification to the OP. Repeated abandoned threads my cause OP be removed from the Marketplace.

14. Hammock Forums Marketplace Rules must be read, AND followed, in order to maintain access to the Marketplace. Members who disregard these rules will face suspension of their access to the marketplace for an undetermined amount of time, at the Hammock Forums staff discretion.

Guidelines -
    1. Use thoughtful caution when purchasing. Consider how long has the member been on the forum, and the amount of the transaction.

2. Communicate clearly, frequently, and calmly. This eliminates frustration for both buyers and sellers.

3. As per rule 8 - Never use the 'I'm sending money to family or friends' payment options when purchasing. This does not automatically supply the shipping address to the seller, and it strictly limits the buyer's options for any refund if there is a problem with the transaction.

4. Consider using a shipping method that can offer tracking or delivery confirmation. USPS Priority is a good option for U.S. addresses.

The Fine Print -

- Hammock Forums is not responsible for transactions or goods exchanged.

- If there is a dispute, please PM one of the moderators.

- The Marketplace forums are meant for individuals selling surplus or unwanted gear only. It is not a place for members to start their small business endeavors.

- Hammock Forums welcomes those who wish to offer a hammock related item or service to the other members of the forum. Those wishing to offer a hammock related service or product should first contact one of the moderation team to make your intentions known and then post relevant threads in the Other Vendors and Services sub forum.

- The Marketplace forums will be kept "tidy". Old threads deemed inactive will be closed by the individual opening the thread once the transaction is completed. Failure to clean up your thread may result is loss of access to the Market Place.
    If no one except the OP is allowed to attempt to purchase any items offered in a WTB thread, is there really a need for the OP to post an "I'll take it" in order to show intent and claim the item? What happens if a seller PM's the OP to let them know they have the item that is being sought, and they conclude the transaction that way?

I realize that much of that was likely a cut/paste from the For Sale forum rules, but I'm not sure whether introducing those clauses simplifies or complicates matters.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    If no one except the OP is allowed to attempt to purchase any items offered in a WTB thread, is there really a need for the OP to post an "I'll take it" in order to show intent and claim the item? What happens if a seller PM's the OP to let them know they have the item that is being sought, and they conclude the transaction that way?

I realize that much of that was likely a cut/paste from the For Sale forum rules, but I'm not sure whether introducing those clauses simplifies or complicates matters.
    The reasoning behind the I'll take it is to ensure everyone who offered an item knows which item the buyer is claiming. It also helps the moderator team settle disputes when they arrive. So, while it might seem redundant, it really is not. It is the OP's statement that he is purchasing item X from buyer Y and marks when the decision is made.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    When OP has found item, the must close the thread.

Typo: THEY must close the thread.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    When OP has found item, the must close the thread.

Typo: THEY must close the thread.
    Thank you! Fixed it
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Bumping this up one last time. The change is right around the corner. If you want input into the changes, now is the time to give it.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Closing thread. Changes will take place in WTB during the week of May 1st. They will reflect the conversation in this thread and will go into effect immediately. If you have an open WTB, please make sure you "bump" it if you want it keep active. Items not bumped will be closed.

Thanks to everyone who provided input into this discussion.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12