Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepp / UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    depends on mood

Another uq

Hi folks

I got myself a UGQ 10 degree quilt towards the end of last season to replace my DD which was great all through winter here in the UK. Would it be wise to get a 20 or maybe a 30 now we moving into spring/summer. Im assuming the 10 will be too warm come summer time.
    TA

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Your area seems to have an average low during the May-September months of 11˚C (52˚F)- 15˚C (60˚F). They say the UQ can be used about 50˚F higher than it's rating with some venting (my indoor use of my 0˚F UQ can attest to this), so technically you could get away with using your 10˚F and not worry about it. You'd just have to deal with a little more weight and bulk.

If you want to lose the weight and bulk for those months, then a 20 would be overkill. Technically, you could get away with a 4˚C (40˚F) set.

Canadian weather fluctuates to both extremes, so I am definitely getting a warmer weather set. It's not easy to decide which ones, eh?

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Underquilts are easy to vent. I have used a 10°F (with 3oz overstuff...) in 100°F / 30°-40°C weather. But of course you carry unnecessary weight. Depending on how warm or cold you sleep, a 20° or 30° underquilt would lighten your pack.

• + New Posts