Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Pad/Cheap Bag
    Suspension
    Woopies

Looking for Eastern Oregon / Western Idaho Hangers

Hoping to get lots of outdoors time this upcoming season! I'm within 3 hours of the Sawtooths and McCall/Stanley areas in Idaho, as well as the Elkhorn mountains and Eagle Cap Wilderness of eastern Oregon. I'd love to explore both. Let me know if you're around!

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Aqua Quest
    Insulation
    HG 20 Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Paul Gibson from Arrowhead Equipment has been doing a hang each year in the Sawtooths in the September timeframe that you might look into. I'm having trouble getting his site to load at the moment , but see www.arrowhead-equipment.com/idaho-hang.html Here's the hammock forums thread about it - https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...eptember-13-19

Also, if you've not been already, Seven Devils (near McCall) is spectacular. It's pretty rugged, but definitely worth it. If you're looking for more info on it, I'm happy to share a little from our trip last year. The fishing was just awful though. Terrible. You should definitely leave your fishing pole at home. Cause there are no fish. Or tiny fish. Or something else bad... Lake monsters maybe. Bad fishing. Super bad. ;o)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Pad/Cheap Bag
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Thanks for the heads up gfortune! We'll see what I conjure up for short overnighters the first couple months of the season to get some experience under my belt before I hit the Seven Devils

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Hey ettescott we do plan a few things through out the year. Not really organized with the fall hang yet this year but I will put it together before much longer. It's normally the second half of the week following Labor Day. Often we have meet up that Wednesday night, hiked in Thursday and out Sunday. We don't usually try to do any to crazy miles so anyone can come....5-8 miles is normal.

I also do some small trips and just through it out there for anyone that wants to come along and can make it work. I have a few of those in mind but no set dates. We got a good bit of snow up high. Sawtooths won't be open till July. Seven devils probably won't be hikable till August unless we get really warm spring and early summer. Both are beautiful areas with a variety of options for trails. We have a guide to the Sawtooths that I wrote on all the details that locals know about. From where to eat to where to get a post hike shower to trails and fishing.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Pad/Cheap Bag
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Living in La Grande (E Oregon) now. Anyone looking for hiking and backpacking companion for the Elkhorns and Eagle Cap Wilderness? Any online communities to find backpackers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts