11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cricky101 View Post
    I primarily disperse camp in MN state forests. No amenities like a state park but it's free. Most have a basic campground or day use area of some kind, where I typically leave my car, and then head off on the trails. MN DNR site has good maps for each state forest on its website.
    Yes! I discovered this right after I posted that and have camped twice now in State Forests. I plan to go to Savanna Saturday to camp in the Remote Lake ski trail area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Draumr, Clark NX270
    Tarp
    Vertex, UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Images
    Good to know its kosher for the time being. I never asked when I went to Lake Maria SP earlier this year.
    Preferring HUGE tracts of land since 1983

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseprime View Post
    Good to know its kosher for the time being. I never asked when I went to Lake Maria SP earlier this year.
    From the State Forest Guide --

Hammock
    Draumr, Clark NX270
    Tarp
    Vertex, UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Images
    Unfortunately, the last 2 times I ventured into the Sand Dunes for dispersed camping, I got poison ivy pretty bad... and one of those times was in early spring with virtually no leaves on anything and wearing long clothing. Living in Zimmerman puts me 5 minutes away from an area of free camping that I hesitate to utilize because of it.

Hammock
    handkerchief
    Tarp
    wax paper
    Insulation
    pocket lint
    Suspension
    dental floss
    It seems as though this is becoming an issue in California State Parks and East Bay Area Regional Parks due to the ongoing drought we are experiencing. Most of these parks have some sort of policy in place restricting the use of hammocks regardless of the straps used. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get some substantial rainfall this winter!

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseprime View Post
    Unfortunately, the last 2 times I ventured into the Sand Dunes for dispersed camping, I got poison ivy pretty bad... and one of those times was in early spring with virtually no leaves on anything and wearing long clothing. Living in Zimmerman puts me 5 minutes away from an area of free camping that I hesitate to utilize because of it.
    I stayed there a couple weeks ago and stayed in the campground. I had a walk in site so was away a little but there still was some noise that night I hiked in and out of the day use area and managed to get in 8 miles in half a day. I want to try to disperse camp after a good freeze. I live close as well in Isanti.

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by airbud View Post
    It seems as though this is becoming an issue in California State Parks and East Bay Area Regional Parks due to the ongoing drought we are experiencing. Most of these parks have some sort of policy in place restricting the use of hammocks regardless of the straps used. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get some substantial rainfall this winter!
    I think we have a few less people here ;-

Hammock
    Draumr, Clark NX270
    Tarp
    Vertex, UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluzharp View Post
    I stayed there a couple weeks ago and stayed in the campground. I had a walk in site so was away a little but there still was some noise that night I hiked in and out of the day use area and managed to get in 8 miles in half a day. I want to try to disperse camp after a good freeze. I live close as well in Isanti.
    I'm looking to do some cold hanging as well. I currently work weekends, and typically hang Monday-Thursday when possible, but I'm possibly taking PTO for the Frozen Butt Hang.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies and Tree
    I just got into hammock camping last year, along with my 3 sisters and now also some cousins - so we have a pretty big group sometimes. Currently the only state park we have camped at is Sakatah Lake State Park near Waterville, MN. The rangers there are very friendly and they do allow hammocks. Since we're always looking for campsites that can allow several people to hang, we went around and surveyed the campsites one day to see if we thought they could accommodate our needs - thought I'd post this here for anyone interested:

Site 1: 4-6 hammocks, Site 3: 8-10 hammocks, Site 4: 1-2 hammocks, Site 6: 5-6 hammocks, Site 8: 5-6 hammocks, Site 11: 3-4 hammocks, Site 23: 2-4 hammocks, Site 26: 2-4 hammocks, Site 27: 1-3 hammocks, Site 38: 1-2 hammocks, Site 42: 2-3 hammocks, Site 43: 1-2 hammocks, Site 46: 3-4 hammocks, Site 47: 1-2 hammocks, Site 50: 3-4 hammocks, Site 52: 2-3 hammocks *Note that only 6 people may stay overnight per campsite

They also have 3 "bike in" sites that I plan to check out this summer since I just finally bought a backpack - but I do plan to hike in, not bike in.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    MARPATWinter Dream
    Insulation
    Lynx,Wooki & Mamba
    I try and avoid the state parkas like the plague. Way to busy for my tastes. Then again I tend to hang in the early spring and fall after the holiday. Look more at the state forests than the parks ( IMHO)
    the Sand Dunes were nice. Ive been there a few time and was never given and flack for it.

Last fall I was up in Itasca and found a VERY VERY nice spot. Bass Lake County Park and Campground.

Plan on a 5 or 6 day trip this spring. Was talking with one of the workers there and was asking about the hammocks and what not. He saw no problem with the straps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123