Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Geez, we got a lot of snobby snowblower elites around here! I just can't justify buying one as long as I'm able to shovel my driveway and sidewalk. Heck, I'm still able to help my elderly neighbors shovel.

However, my son showed me how old I really am today. He was able to shovel a section in 15 minutes that would have taken me an hour or more. I spent 3 or 4 hours shoveling today, but the same amount of work would have taken my son 45 minutes.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 01-23-2016 at 21:49.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Geez, we got a lot of snobby snowblower elites around here! I just can't justify buying one as long as I'm able to shovel my driveway and sidewalk. Heck, I'm still able to help my elderly neighbors shovel.

However, my son showed me how old I really am. He was able to shovel a section in 15 minutes that would have taken me an hour or more. I spent 3 or 4 hours shoveling today, but the same amount of work would have taken my son 45 minutes.
    I finally broke down and bought one last year, mid season. Our house has a 5-6 car driveway plus a bunch of sidewalk that I'm responsible for, and my back doesn't like me very much after I manually clear that. Plus if I happen to not be home there's no way my wife could clear it on her own, with just a shovel. I think I used it all of twice last year.

This year, I got it out of the shed, made sure it started and had gas, and put it against the back of the house and covered it with a tarp. Little did I know that the storm would be driving all the snow up against the back of our house - so when I went to use it there was a two and a half foot snow drift blocking it, and close to 2 feet of snow that had to be navigated through all the way to the front of the house. Once I dug it out and started it, it took me 15 minutes to get it the 40-50 feet from the back to the front, so I could use it. Live and learn: next time I'll make sure it's sitting in front, pointed in the direction of the first line I need to run.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Yeah, the Nor'easter brought the snow from the opposite direction - the wind almost always goes West to East here (at least 60 to 70% of the time) but with a Nor'easter, it goes from Northeast to Southeast. It's kinda weird when I walk out the front door and the wind hits me from that direction - it doesn't happen very often.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I just glad yu people are ok and hanging in there.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    We got record snowfall in Baltimore. I'm actually a bit further north, so we got a little more. About 32" in 24 hrs. The wind was nuts.

I don't own a snowblower.

I am sore.

Hope everyone made it through okay.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    so, i ended up having to work the weekend and couldn't get my blizzard hang in. kinda glad i didn't though because the area in the back yard i can hang my hammock ended up with a drift about 4 feet deep right cross it. I would have been buried!!!!! lol
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Clarke NX 250's/WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Vert/HG CF3/S Fly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Z liner
    Suspension
    Dutch
    Wouldn't it make more sense to just hire a service to keep your driveway and sidewalk clear?
    That would leave a lot more time to hang...
    Headed to New York and DC next week for meetings- glad I missed the storm!

Hammock
    Darien or Dutch
    Tarp
    Depends on Weather
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ - Down
    Suspension
    Buckles or Whoopie
    I was looking forward to a good snowstorm but we missed out. Woke up to a few inches Sunday but by the time we got ready to go out the sun had taken care of most of it for us. I wanted to build a quinzee but guess i'll have to hope for another storm!

Hammock
    Clark
    So did anyone get out over the storm? Looks like you guys out east got a decent amount of snow for the area.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Equip
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I tried to hang Friday night, but in the cramped area I had available to me (no good trees on my property, used to be farm field) I didnt feel comfortable with the way my tarp was pitched. If anything came loose it stood a good chance of getting ripped on either the deck framing or the stonework on the outdoor kitchen/grill area from flapping around. The next day the kids and I made this big quinzhee, with a small fireplace and bench inside. Its big enough to sleep in, but that would require sleeping in the ground so I opted out.

_MG_9562-2-1.jpg_MG_9561-1-1.jpg
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan

My YouTube Channel

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast