Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

Cinch bugs are awesome!

I ordered a set on 15' straps to put on my WBRR bridge and they were just what I was looking for. I have used my 2 bridge hammocks from WB with the dogbones shortened to 35" ever since I got them and now can get all the hardware including the cinch bug buckle on each end under a 12' tarp with 3" of coverage at each end to spare. Length from buckle to buckle is 11' 5". If you want to keep the dogbones kinda permanently attached, just slide one loop inside the other and crisscross them attaching and tie below with a couple three wraps of small chord and tie. You can always untie them and remove from the cinch buckle anytime. Works like a charm and definitely also in using these to find and attach the bridge hammock to 2 trees a lot closer as they give you a shorter suspension. WTG Dutch in creating these!!!

Do you connect one dogbone to one of the hooks of the cinch bug and the other dogbone to the other? Or do you slip both of them over both hooks?

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Each buckle has two ears for your set of dogbones at each end. I crosses the loop ends. One inside the other before sliding each loop on the ears and because I use it to sleep in every night to keep them from coming off when I hang it on a hook during the day to get it out of the way, I tide a piece of small chord around the bottom of the loops on the ears to keep them from sliding off. Icahn untie them any time I need to also. If u go to Dutch's web site and look for cinch bug buckle in hammock stuff, he has a small video on them.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ 13' WD w/poles
    Insulation
    20* HG/UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar/amsteel
    Aver, questions regarding your 35" suspension triangle... Is that using the stock spreader bars a from single or double layer? Are you using the 4" piece still? Also curious what your weight is?

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I'm 6', 165lbs, lean, ex Viet. Marine. I use the stock poles every nite at home but use hiking poles when outside. I don,t use the 4" spreader piece as I prefer the sides of the hammock to be a couple inches higher and just love the lay and feel better without it and I spend most of the time sleeping on either side more than sleeping on my back. I have 35" dogbones on the head of the hammock and 34" on the foot end and it works great for me. I have used smaller dogbones down to 32-33" but I find you reach a point especially on the head end of the hammock that instability increases and a lot of stress can be placed on the spreader bars at the head of the hammock. The newer spreader bars that Brandon of WB is issuing with his latest bridges, the head spreader bar is larger dia. than the foot end and the larger dia. size is stronger. That is a key item as in the earlier releases of the WBRR he had several head spreader bar complaints of bending and breaking depending on the weight of the user and the narrower dia spreader bars do bend with more stress only on the head end cause it's so wide at the head end. You have no problems with a smaller dia. spreader bar or smaller length dog bones at the foot end because it's so much more narrower in width. I made the dogbones be almost equal in length also as its easier to center under my tarps that have 2 tieouts on each side of my tarps matching up to the length of the hammock and each end of the hammock has equal coverage to match getting all of the dogbones under a 12' long tarp. Dutch's cinch bugs give me max coverage of my suspension under a 12' tarp with 7" to spare with just the hammock hanging and only the UQ on it. With me, my weight, TQ, clothes in saddle bags laying in the hammock, you will kinda squish the hammock together more, getting even more tarp coverage on the cinch bug suspension at each end. Don't be afraid to experiment as Brandon had to create as safe a product to cover max weight and size hangers for his liability insurance coverages and he has done so to perfection in his designs and all the R&D before releasing his products for sale to the public. Granted...I voided his warantees in my experimenting, but knowingly did so at my risks and am happy with my setups. Hope this rambling helps you out.
    Last edited by Acer; 01-05-2016 at 22:24.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ CUSTOM HANGER
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    DUTCH CB/CUSTOM
    Anyone have actual photos of what we are talking about or your mods. The verbage doesn't help much

• + New Posts