Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    Glad I was able to contribute some!
    What are the specs on the Snugpak under blanket? Length, width, packed weight, and packed size? Is there enough of a seam on the ends to open up and run some shock cord through? Thanks for the review. I use a pad for kayak camping, but an inexpensive UQ for car camping or group hangs would be nice to have.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    What are the specs on the Snugpak under blanket? Length, width, packed weight, and packed size? Is there enough of a seam on the ends to open up and run some shock cord through? Thanks for the review. I use a pad for kayak camping, but an inexpensive UQ for car camping or group hangs would be nice to have.
    86"x64" (ovaloid)
    46.5 ounces/1320 gm
    Pack size 24 x 23 cm

The end seam is not a channel, but, I guess maybe you could add a second seam in to make it a channel...?

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    86"x64" (ovaloid)
    46.5 ounces/1320 gm
    Pack size 24 x 23 cm

The end seam is not a channel, but, I guess maybe you could add a second seam in to make it a channel...?
    Thanks for the info. Is that packed size really in cm, or is it inches? 86 X 64 is a ton of coverage, nice. Sewing a channel onto the ends for a shock cord shouldn't be very hard.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Thanks for the info. Is that packed size really in cm, or is it inches? 86 X 64 is a ton of coverage, nice. Sewing a channel onto the ends for a shock cord shouldn't be very hard.
    I looked online for the packed dimensions and it was listed in cm.
    I had spread it out and laid it on top of my newly purchased SnugPack Jungle blanket yesterday and used a ruler to measure how much longer the under blanket was than the jungle blanket (10" longer)...so to get the dimensions for you (in previous post reply) I'd just listed the online jungle blanket dimensions plus 10" longer...
    BUT, just now I found the dimensions listed on the underblanket tag and they don't line up with what I posted!
    The label says 84" x 59". I don't have a tape measure to check and am not in the same locale right now as my hammock stuff, but either the online dimensions for the jungle blanket is off or the label dimensions on the underblanket are off because when I put the one on top of the other, they were the same at the widest point of the underblanket and the underblanket was 10" longer than the also newly purchased jungle blanket was.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Well, either way, it's a really full coverage under blanket. If it really packs 23 X 24 cm (9 X 9.5 inches) that's awesome. Keep us updated as you use it more on how it handles lower temps.

Hammock
    clark tx 270
    Tarp
    hennessy hex 10x12
    Insulation
    E E enigma 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    i got my snugpak under blanket about 2 weeks ago. Got from Vermonts Barre Amy Navy store for total of 54.00. I use a head end spreader bar and it fits fine.Slept with it twice temps only been in the 50's. Very well made , keeps the wind and mosquitos off. Going to buy another for my son.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Just got back a few hours ago from my first night in the Snugpak underblanket. I didn't get a write up done yet or a video, because I over slept. That may be the best thing I can say about it. I was snoring, and very warm, all the way to 10 am (I shold have been up by 7). Temps dropped to the upper 30s with a light, but steady breeze. We had a small fire for part of the night. I was not cold, although I'm thinking around freezing would be the limit of this UQ. I was wearing a thermal base layers top and bottom, light nylon pants, and a light fleece jacket and vest, and wool socks. I generally sleep mostly dressed as I'm often up several times a night.

As for the length, I'm 6'1" and I had head to toe coverage. It was also plenty wide enough.

The blanket, when packed and compressed with the attached compression straps, gets down to about the size of a volleyball.

Hope to get a review and video done soon.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
    Just got back a few hours ago from my first night in the Snugpak underblanket. I didn't get a write up done yet or a video, because I over slept. That may be the best thing I can say about it. I was snoring, and very warm, all the way to 10 am (I shold have been up by 7). Temps dropped to the upper 30s with a light, but steady breeze. We had a small fire for part of the night. I was not cold, although I'm thinking around freezing would be the limit of this UQ. I was wearing a thermal base layers top and bottom, light nylon pants, and a light fleece jacket and vest, and wool socks. I generally sleep mostly dressed as I'm often up several times a night.

As for the length, I'm 6'1" and I had head to toe coverage. It was also plenty wide enough.

The blanket, when packed and compressed with the attached compression straps, gets down to about the size of a volleyball.

Hope to get a review and video done soon.
    Thanks for the info. Look forward to the video.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Well, either way, it's a really full coverage under blanket. If it really packs 23 X 24 cm (9 X 9.5 inches) that's awesome. Keep us updated as you use it more on how it handles lower temps.
    photo (2)z.jpg

Here's a photo I took this evening of the SnugPak underblanket next to a size 7 women's tennis shoe (for size comparison).

ALSO, I tried it on another hammock this evening, and THIS time I was able to attach the long side cinch cords to the ridgeline of the hammock. The result was EXCELLENT. The underblanket cradled the hammock perfectly with absolutely NO gapping at either end, even though there is no way to cinch the ends. The more I mess with this underblanket the more I like it!

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge River UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    I was wanting to hang this week but my son has my jarbidge river underquilt with him in another state.

I just ordered 2 of these from Amazon for 52.69 with free prime shipping. One for me and one for my other son. It'll be here Friday.

I came across this video on youtube and the maker of the video has an interesting way of hanging his underblanket. I've seen this guy in a lot of snugpak videos and I think he's their unofficial spokesperson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqTMPMC615g
    Last edited by Riggster; 11-10-2015 at 16:23.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast