Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images

WI-Da Shack Hang-Central WI-Nov 6-7-8 OR Dec 4-5-6, 2015

I've been to a couple group hangs recently, with the Chili Feed and the Frozen Butt on my bucket list. Looking to host an early winter hang on my farm, so am offering a chance to hang out in the woods with "da shack" as a bail-out option. Plenty of good hardwood for bonfires, lots of trees to hang from, no water, no electricity, one "porta-potty", and "da shack" can sleep 6 in reasonable comfort. It even has a gas stove/oven, in addition to the wood stove.

Located 1.7 miles NW of the Iola Winter Sports Club grounds and very close to the Ice Age Trail.

This hang would allow you to try out your cold weather set-up, and have a bail-out option near by.

Depending on the snow depths, you could go to the Winter Sports Club for X-C skiing, check out the ski jumps, go skiing/hiking/snowshoeing on the farm, maybe play on the ice at the lake if it is thick enough/early season ice fishing if you like. Speaking of snow depths, bring shovels, tow ropes, jumper cables, etc as I do not own a snowplow.

Check out the Iola Winter Sports Club on Google Maps, looking for a small white dot in the woods about 1/2 mile north on Highway "T", then 1/2 mile east off the road .

Weather and snow depth will determine if we can drive that last 1/2 mile up to "da shack"...

Tumbleweed

Any interest???

I need help with how to post a "POLL"

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Any interest??? Are you crazy?!?! Of course I'm interested!!! Come blizzard or frozen water, I WILL make this one!! If it's Dec. there might be time for an inaugural TWFBH (that's TumbleWeed's Frosty Bum Hang ) homebrew.....if there's interest. Not of the caliber of TumbleJuice, but I'll come up with something

Sorry, can't help ya with the poll........but I think we know who can

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    I'm interested but the Halloween hang in Hoosier is calling me on nov. 6. If it's in December I'd love to try out my new 0 degree incubator
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL

Post How To Make A Poll

Really surprised I couldn't find a sticky on "How to make a Poll". The good thing is polls are only a little more involved than normal posting. Indeed, having started this thread you have already done 90% of what you will need to do to start a thread with a poll. Unfortunately once you submitted this thread, you lost the option to include a poll in it. Well, since I have made several polls (and only the first one was at all intimidating) buckle up your seatbelts... let's roll on making a poll!!

The very first thing is to keep two key facts in mind: after submitting, you will NOT be able to edit the Title of the thread, nor the Poll Options. You can "Preview" as many times as you like. Be very certain everything is EXACTLY the way you want it BEFORE you hit "submit".

Go to the appropriate forum and click the "+ Post New Thread" button in the upper lefthand region of your screen. Fill in the title and the message body how you see fit. The message body must be at least ten characters long. BEFORE YOU SUBMIT, be sure to click the "Post a Poll" box at the BOTTOM of the screen AND enter the number of options you desire. When you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that everything is EXACTLY as you want it... hit the "Submit New Thread" button.

This will automatically take you to the screen where you fill in your poll options and determine how long the poll will remain open. Again, once submitted they cannot be changed. Of course if you are not happy with it I do believe you can delete the whole thread and start over.

There ya go! Easy, peasy, pudding and pie - a new poll is born!

Everyone should feel free to post here or PM me with any other questions.
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL

Lightbulb

Here is the easiest way I found to find "Da Shack".

Go to the Iola Winter Sports Club website then click the "Activities/Location" tab near the top of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom and on the righthand side there is a map. Click the "View Larger Map" tab. Turn on "Satellite" mode and it is all downhill from here. "Da Shack" is just a skosh NW (up and left) of the red pin showing the location of the Iola Winter Sports Club.

Zoomed out:

Zoomed In:
    (Note that "Da Shack" is the little white dot just below the first "W" in the search box. Also note the section of the Ice Age Trail very nearby.)

Hammock
    Dream Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Enlightened Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    I'm very interested... if there is snow on the ground, my setup might not cut it to stay overnight, but I could for sure snowshoe in and hang up and hang out with y'all. I'm not too far away... an hour or so South of there. I'd love to check off the Iola sports area from my Ice Age hiking segments, perhaps I could do it the same weekend. I can't say for certain yet which dates work better for me, so I'll just follow along and see if I can attend.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    Woo hoo! Poll is up and running. Congrats TW!

POLL

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Da Shack Hang Late Autumn, 2015

HammockForums.net is my favorite internet place and I have learned so much here. Therefore I would like to pay it back with this hang offer.
    I have a 100 acre farm with hardwoods, a small pine plantation, big alfalfa field, lake frontage on the south shore of Budsberg Lake, and trails used for hiking, XC skiing, snowshoeing, etc. Da shack is an old two-story farm granary that I moved from the old homestead by the road to up in the woods at the top of a hill. There is no water by da shack, and I use 12 volt light bulbs on marine batteries for lighting. There is a four burner LP gas stove with oven in the shack, along with a great wood burning stove. There are three bunk beds, a few recliners, and some 15 degree sleeping bags. To the east, at the bottom of the hill is a natural spring that is the headwaters of a creek. Water there is crystal clear.
    West of the shack is a recycled commercial porta-potty with home-made windows!!!
    Can provide XC ski equipment, two pulks, four sets of snowshoes, a bonfire ring along with an unlimited supply of good oak firewood, and lots of hang site options.

You can test out your set-ups knowing that da shack is heated (if someone stokes it).

Hope to test my winter yeti, so looking for some cold weather.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I can't read....so I'll repost here...as instructed

The colder the better!! Dec should be just that!

If there's anything that needs doing to prepare for this, like gathering/cutting/splitting firewood, let me know. I'll do whatever I can to get there early to help out.

Thank you, by the way, for doing this for all us hangers. Very generous and very much appreciated.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    Hey BananaHammock!

Thought of you when I read this article and watched the vid. Think it was you who mentioned getting a case of PI in Garden of the Gods in southern IL.

http://extremedeerhabitat.com/how-to...vy-rash-again/

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast