WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

S2S Aeros Pillow Questions

Currently using an REI Stuff Sac as a pillow, so not really interested in discussing whether a pillow is necessary or not. Instead, If you have used the Aeros Pillow; can you answer some questions:
    1. Regular or Large?
    2. Is there a way to attached the pillow so it doesn't slide down the hammock when entering, exiting or sitting up?
    3. If yes to number 2, do you attach it to the Ridgline or to the whip of the hammock? Any special tricks you have found that work?
    4. Would a Quilt hook over the Hammock Ridge Line work?
    5. Can the air be squeezed out of the pillow and then simply leave it attached in the hammock when packing it away to make the Pillow Stuff sac, obsolete, save weight and save time?

I know a pillow may be a luxury item; however, after sleeping with and without... I sleep better with. So now it's just how light can I go. Thanks for any help.

I use a neo pillow, handy small and very comfortable just on my last hike up the McKenzie river I had the same problem pillow sliding down.i just took a small amount of stretch cord and attached it to a internal hook at one end of the hammock and then to the pillow. Just don't make it to short or the pillow will pull away in your sleep...

If you use snake skins I doubt the pillow will pack with the hammock.

Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    JacksRBetter Nests
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    i have the regular size s2s aero and leave it in my safari deluxe which is in snake skins. just deflate it and drape it over the ridge line. its a great pillow.
    God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools. --John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by gfranxman View Post
    i have the regular size s2s aero and leave it in my safari deluxe which is in snake skins. just deflate it and drape it over the ridge line. its a great pillow.
    Thanks for the reply. Are you happy with the Regular over the premium? I also saw that the "air plugs" have a place for thin rope to be attached to help open and close the two valves. Do you think these would support a longer piece of Zing-it to attached the pillow to a quilt hanger on the ridgeline or back to the whip of the hammock to keep the pillow in place during the night? This would also replaces the need to drape it over the ridge line... but good to know that it will be able to stay in the hammock rather than put into the pack seperately. I personally only use snake skins on the Tarp.

• + New Posts