Definate ridge in centre of hennesy explorer

I seem to have a definate ridge down the centre of my hennesy explorer, and Im finding it a little uncomfortable, is this because I've got the suspension too tight ie less than 30° do I need to alter my hang angle or do I need to change the ridgeline length in which case do I need to lengthen or shorten the ridgeline

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    In my experience with the Hennessy for a few years, the ridge is always there, but a tighter pitch makes it more pronounced. If I pitch my hammock taut, the extra stress on the fabric causes the ridge to be rigid ... altering the hang angle relaxes everything and the ridge is less noticeable. I imagine changing the total sag by changing ridgeline length might change the position or prominence of the fabric ridge, but that would only be a last resort. With an integrated bugnet, changing the ridgeline length would lead to all sorts of issues - either stretching/tearing the net if you lengthen it or having it always floppy if you shorten it. At that point I think you'd be better off selling the Hennessy and buying something modular without an integrated net and experimenting with that.

I have gone over the last year or so to a consistent pitch with roughly 30 degree straps. The ridge doesn't bother me anymore. There are lots of discussions on here about how people deal with the ridge if it causes discomfort for their knees, etc. You can start with this thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...a-gathered-end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

• + New Posts