Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Looks like we are 2 weeks away from this years Gluttony Hang. It would be great to have some snow, but who knows what Mother Nature will bring us. Thanks to everyone responding with what they're bringing for food, and we are holding high the ideals of gluttony.

A quick recap:
    -Venison Chili by Turkey (Ed), plus some venison breakfast sausage for snacks
    -Biscuits and gravy and Jambalaya with andoulle sausage by Michigandave. I may also make my hot apple cobbler, but only if someone else will clean the pot
    -sausage hashbwon egg breakfast and a marinated pork loin prepared by Christo ( "thinking" is as good as "im bringing", so I take that as a yes)

I'm also bringing along my ground dweller friend to work on his conversion....his wife is an amazing cook, so I'm sure he'll bring something special. I know turkey is bringing his Dutch oven, plus I've got 2 aluminum pots/casserole dish for food prep and fire use. I'm looking forward to getting out and enjoying the woods.

Hammock
    DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    I'm looking forward to it! Work has been crazy and a few nights in the hammock are always the perfect prescription.

Hammock
    Dogger special
    Tarp
    HG CF 12' camo
    Insulation
    HG Buro & Incu 0+2
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445733709.076374.jpg

Not sure if the venison breakfast sausage will last 5 days. I will try and save some.
    Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself!

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    Wife is working that weekend, so I am free to come up for the gluttony hang. It is a really long drive up, and I was wondering if there was someone coming through Kalamazoo and/or taking off on the later side from Grand Rapids to car pool with. I normally get off work @ 4, but might be able to sweet talk my boss to leaving an hour or so early.

Ill try and figure out something to bring as far as food.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    Wife is working that weekend, so I am free to come up for the gluttony hang. It is a really long drive up, and I was wondering if there was someone coming through Kalamazoo and/or taking off on the later side from Grand Rapids to car pool with. I normally get off work @ 4, but might be able to sweet talk my boss to leaving an hour or so early.

Ill try and figure out something to bring as far as food.
    Hope you can make it. I think there's a couple guys over on your side that might be coming. Looks like temps are predicted to be in the high 40's for the day and 30's at night, so I don't think snow will be an issue ....was looking forward to getting the pulk out, but now it looks like wheeled transport is the best option. With the warmer temps now, I think I'll bring along a cooler to toss the meat in.

Anyone planning on bringing a coffee pot for fresh perked java?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'll bring campfire percolator if I can find it. Had it in my hands last Friday, but it vanished while I was in the woods...meaning somebody put it away where they thought it should be. Lol.

Should I truck in a propane cook stove?

Hammock
    DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    AndrewB - I'd normally be happy to carpool but I have Friday off and am going to see if I can head up Thursday night.

I ordered a cheap 9 cup percolator off Amazon a couple days ago. I'll bring it as long as I get it in time.

Is anyone bringing a grill grate?

Quote Originally Posted by Donk_67 View Post
    I'll bring campfire percolator if I can find it. Had it in my hands last Friday, but it vanished while I was in the woods...meaning somebody put it away where they thought it should be. Lol. Should I truck in a propane cook stove?
    Grab your percolater so at least we'll have a 1 if Christo's doesn't show up. Turkey and Squirrelbait both have propane stoves, so coordinate with them to see who the lucky one that gets to drag it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Christo456 View Post
    I ordered a cheap 9 cup percolator off Amazon a couple days ago. I'll bring it as long as I get it in time. Is anyone bringing a grill grate?
    I'll defer the question on the grate to Turkey...it would be helpful to have. I wish I could make it up Thursday night, but I've got a work committment. I'm hoping to roll into Pinney Bridge around 9:30 or so. It might also be a good idea to bring a bag of ice to replenish the coolers.

In the original string I mentioned a gear swap. I'm up for that and plan to bring a few lightly used items in my gear closet that could use a new home. For those of us attending who did the NCT leg in September, do you guys want mudslides again? I'll provide the mix if someone provides the rum. Alas, the famous 35 year old recipe and the amazing venison jerky gone, but as a I have a pound of jalepeno venison sticks from the same source and a new hot beverage libation to partake in...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

MI - 2015 The Gluttony Hang - Jordan River Valley/Pinney Bridge Nov. 6-8, 2015

Have spiced rum; will travel. Do mudslides work with Morgan's?

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 16'
    Insulation
    Pads baby
    Suspension
    Straps and biners
    I can go. What more do we need? I can do chili, red beans and rice with polish sausage, mushroom risotto, ect.

I usually do a French press for coffee but it only does two mugs at a time. Is it worth bringing it?

And anybody else doing any hunting/fishing while they're there?

AndrewB - see your PM bud.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast